Best Quality Lows, Mids and Highs IEM (when money is not an issue)
Sep 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JohnCaza

New Head-Fier
Hey guys and gals (but probably mostly guys haha)

I'm a hifi enthusiast and I'm looking to acquire my first pair of IEMs. I'm currently running an HD650 with great cables and terminations from a Lavry DA11 (probably not the ideal setup for a lot of the critics here however I'm also a music producer and I've found this to give me quite a flat response, great for monitoring).

Money isn't an issue because I just got hired so I can treat myself to some new gear. Also, it would be unpleasant to lug around the HD650s which aren't very portable... I'm looking for something similar in quality like my current OTE setup.

I've been reading about the Westone W4R, seems like a mid tier IEM but it's lacking in bass. I produce electronic dance music so I'd like to be able to properly reproduce the bass while not compromising mids and highs. Grado makes a great OTE but I'm not sure the GR10 is comparable. I've read about the Shure SE535 but I don't think it's the one. I'm inclined to trust brands like Shure and Sennheiser, primarily the latter because I've only had good experiences with their products.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! 

1964 V6 maybe?

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 7
I have not looked into customs but I do know that the fitear 334`s are probably the best universal iem`s that money can buy, the bass is punchy, very present and extends deep without overshadowing the lush yet revealing mids, the highs carry great energy with a hint of sparkle, the soundstage is large and spacious with good instrument separation and resolution. If money is not an issue, these are highly recommended.

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 7
If money (and time) isn't an issue, customs should be considered. For universals, the TOTL are FitEar ToGo 334, Tralucent 1plus2, AKG K3003, and maybe the Shure SE846.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 7
  If money (and time) isn't an issue, customs should be considered. For universals, the TOTL are FitEar ToGo 334, Tralucent 1plus2, AKG K3003, and maybe the Shure SE846.

These are indeed good contenders, but nothing will beat auditioning before buying (good shops have demo units of most of these).

Because "best quality" in music is something PERSONAL.

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #7 of 7
  These are indeed good contenders, but nothing will beat auditioning before buying (good shops have demo units of most of these).

Because "best quality" in music is something PERSONAL.

That was kind of the point of my listing a wide variety of TOTL universals, so the OP has choices to match his preferred sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back