Best Portable Headphone For ~ £80
May 31, 2011 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aamukherjee

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, new to the forums and this is my first post, but the posts seem to be quite amazingly detailed and balanced so this seems to be great!

My question is this: I'm looking to buy a new pair of cans for street use and just general, daily use and am uncertain on which to get out of these 4:
  1. Creative Aurvana Live
  2. Audio Technica ATH ES55
  3. Sony MDRZX700
  4. Sennheiser PX200 II 

I am open to new suggestions but am looking for headphones around that price range (aiming to purchase them from Amazon UK). The main factors I am looking for is durability (i.e. not prone to breaking) and good isolation so it doesn't disturb surroundings (I would prefer having a bit of background noise entering as opposed to leaking). The type of music I listen to is mostly soft rock, pop rock and some bluesy songs, so I would prefer if the cans were adept at suiting these types of music.

Thanks in advance for all help!

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Audio Technica ATH ES55 or the 500PRO, Either are very very good, Unless you want the be all end all then get the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii's.

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #7 of 8
Are the Sony V6 very portable though, because I will be pretty much be using them primarily on the go and would prefer something that is easy to take around and store. Thanks for the recommendation though! 

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Are the Sony V6 very portable though, because I will be pretty much be using them primarily on the go and would prefer something that is easy to take around and store. Thanks for the recommendation though! 

they fold into a small package, are less bulkier than, say, the M50. the cable is too long tho, but I guess you can wrap it or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back