Best Portable Amp for Shure SRH440 required
Jul 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

karthikdh

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a good Portable amp for my new Shure SRH440.

Looking for anything good under ~$130. The options that I am considering now are PA2V2, Mini3.
The Mini3 definitely looks better than PA2V2 from the reviews here. But not sure how both of them go along with the Headphone.

I am also thinking of the Headroom Airhead and Nuforce Icon mobile in this price range.      I generally listen to almost all genres other than classic.

Please suggest me a good one, I could find a good portable amp from the reviews but not the one specific for Shure SRH440.

There are not much threads on Best Amp for Shure SRH440.   Thanks.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 7
I'd suggest the Nuforce Icon Mobile. Unless of course you plan on upgrading to something else in the future years from now. It's very small and what I do with mine is attach it to the back of one of those leather flip cases for my Ipod touch. They even include a plastic band type thing to secure it. The Total Airhead is a MUCH better amp, but it's a lot bulkier, but it can even power the HD-600's quite well! The Nuforce Icon Mobile really can't. At first I thought it could, but it cuts off the bass to almost nothing. You could also just get a Fiio amp for $20 or so. That would be good enough for the 440's I think.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks Winma. I am getting more than enough volume straight out from my Portable MP3 player. But I am not getting the kind of involvement that i am getting from my IEM, may be power is not enough to reproduce the minute details, so thought the extra current from an amp will get me there.

Thanks tdockweiler, Nuforce Icon mobile is a good amp in my list that i am considering now. Have to check how others are.

Have any one tried a PA2V2 or Mini3 with the Shure SHR440?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back