Best music player for Android? (Samsung GSII)
Aug 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #16 of 23
I recently switched to Neutron and couldn't be happier. I use the 64 bit if if matters.

Neutron offers some great features on top of the superior sound quality such as a parametric EQ and background hiss reduction (for sensitive earphones).

It is pretty ugly though.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 23
If you find the time, I would be fascinated to see what results you come up with.:beerchug:

Okay, I was measuring another amp for another review so I took the time to RMAA Neutron (32bits core) vs. Poweramp as well. The setup is: Galaxy Tab 7+ (line-out) + O2 + CX300 feed into Behringer UC222's line-in (only the software players are different). The majority of the measurement are similar, except for one area. Neutron is SIGNIFICANTLY less noisy then Poweramp, both in Noise Level as well as in IMD+Noise.

It is official, Neutron FTW!

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #19 of 23
Anyone with the Galaxy S3?  How does Neutron compare to stock player?

Also, i see Neutron offers a 64 bit player, after some Googling, i cannot find out what is the bit rate on the standard GS3 player.  64?

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #20 of 23
Ok, i ended up buying the app, but i am stumped on how to import windows media playlists.  I found a neutron media file for playlists within the app and i cut and pasted over the playlists, but still showing zero playlists in neutron.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #21 of 23
Anyone with the Galaxy S3?  How does Neutron compare to stock player?

Also, i see Neutron offers a 64 bit player, after some Googling, i cannot find out what is the bit rate on the standard GS3 player.  64?

As with most audio apps (i.e. Poweramp. Winamp, etc) that doesn't have their own core, they are using the stock Android audio driver which is limited to 16bit, 44.1kHz.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 23
Thanks for the replies guys.  Stumped at the moment.  All of my music is from synching it to my computer and syncing several play lists from windows media player.

In the neutron player, it is not showing any playlists. Under playlist tab, it shows "0",

However, it does show a straight listing of every song moved over.

Do i have to manually move a playlist file to somewhere or should it auto detect?  Which it is not doing....

Sep 1, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #23 of 23
I keep reading these comments that Neutron sounds better than the other players....has anyone taken measurements to attempt to verify this?

Even if someone has, comes to my head that issues about "sounding" should be heard not necessarily measured... am I right? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back