Best LOD for my setup??
Mar 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fact is all lod's sound the same if made correctly
smily_headphones1.gif

Not really , different caps produce different sound in LOD's.Higher quality caps ie. film caps you get better imaging and soundstage. Although thats just my OPINION.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really , different caps produce different sound in LOD's.Higher quality caps ie. film caps you get better imaging and soundstage. Although thats just my OPINION.

Ehh, why does one bother popping caps into the dock? That only makes the sound worse.

Caps in dock are only needed for modded iPods. For normal ones, that's a bad move.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #20 of 39
LODs arent going to sound any different, just like mini to mini cables dont sound any different on portables. Theyre too short.
You have to go a certain distance down a cable to impart its traits.

I do hear a difference in long speaker cables on my home system, but not on a 4 inch cable on my portable.

Just look at our Head-Fi sponser list and pic a well made cable for under $50.

Or, message Warrior05. He will be at the meet 13 March, and if you tell him now, maybe he can bring it with him to the meet for you. He makes nice cables. Ask him and see what he says.

And dont get any caps in it.....you dont have an imod.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 39
yea im definitely going the custom route, i just need to grab an amp first. depending on how much my tattoo is dictate which i get.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can any1 direct me toward a good custom LOD maker, who can make me something nice for like 50 bucks.

I have been using an LOD made by Lil'Knight with my portable rig and have been very happy with it. It is one of the fancier versions, I believe, that he makes - looks like a twist of silver and copper wires. The original owner said it was $85. It is very well made. I'd highly recommend him based on this LOD...if you check out his feedback you will find many satisfied owners. I think he builds a range of different types with different wires. Disclaimer: I just sold my portable amp yesterday because I'm not using it and will be selling mine for what I paid for it if you are interested...I have a friend who may buy it though so won't post it until I hear back from him. Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to contact Lil'Knight and see what he has available.

Mar 4, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea im definitely going the custom route, i just need to grab an amp first. depending on how much my tattoo is dictate which i get.

The heck with the tattoos! Audio equipment is where its at!!!

Woohooo!!!!
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you wont get better imaging and soundstaging by using caps for ipod lods. You ll just make it worse. Caps are needed for balancing outputs on imods and sansa fuzes.

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #25 of 39
Just get the most sturdy, small and cumbersome..less. Where was your mind at when you figured you'd cash out 200 bucks for a cable transporting a non-amped signal? From your ipod?? And, I don't get the point of going custom, if you don't need loads of bling and unpotability I'd just make one myself or buy the Fiio one.

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #26 of 39
Lets see.....

MP3 Player $ 50-250
Amp $100- 300
Pnones $25-200

Small piece of wire with connectors $200?????????????????

Hmmmm, i could have had some nice custom IEMs or much better phones for another $200 and used a $30 LOD.....hmmmmmm.

Thats like putting $5000 Perelli tires on your 15 year old Toyota Corolla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back