Best In-Ear headset?
Oct 7, 2010 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bjornw

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

This is my first post here and I would like some recommendations on a great in-ear headset for my iPhone 4.

After reading lots of reviews, I ordered the Etymotic hf3's from apple store. They have great mid's and treble but lack a lot in bass imo. I want something punchy that works well with electronic music. Also, I found the hf3's very uncomfortable, I don't want to stick something half-way up my brain. A custom fit might do the trick, but I decided not to bother since I wasn't happy with the bass anyway. So I returned them.

Up until now, I have used regular in-ear headphones without a mic, and my current ones are the Beyerdynamic DTX 80. I'm quite happy with the sound of them, especially the bass, so a natural conclusion would be to buy the MMX 100 which is a mic equipped version of the DTX 100 (Beyer's top of the line iems). Only thing I can complain about Beyerdynamic's iems is that they feel and look cheaper than what they actually cost. And the cord has a habit of tangling. Also, the MMX 100 only has one button on the remote, so there's no support for changing volume, like the hf3's has.

Can you guys recommend anything better for the buck (~$100 - $150) or should I go with the MMX 100's?

BR
Björn

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 3
There's only a few 3-button headsets out there at the moment so chances are you'll need to sacrifice the volume buttons to have a wider option pool. This thread might be of help. Also, if solid bass without sacrifices is what you're after, you may want to check out the new Thinksound TS02+mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back