Best IEMs with inline mic and volume control?
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jarbro

New Head-Fier
Can anyone recommend the best IEMs with inline mic and volume control other than the ADDIEMs?  I have several pairs of IEMs I love but I kind of miss the controls.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 7
Brainwavz Beta is a good performance:value IEM, you can choose the one that comes with a inline mic+control

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 7
I think you should take a look at the Phonak IEMs range, pretty damn bang for buck from such a prestigious company. Also another could be the Sony Balanced Armature line, I believe those should have some very nice sound(given the impressions) so far of the XBA line.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm going to assume that you have a budget and not strictly looking for the "best" IEMs with inline mic and remote. Because in that case, you'd be looking at the AKG K3003i which are well over 1k or the Phonak PFE232 which are around $600. For cheaper options, Phonak Audeo has also other excellent IEMs with a mic + remote in the sub $200 range or you could decide to go with MEElec for under $100. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 7
If you are even more value oriented contact your local best buy and see if they have the etymotic hf3 in stock.  If so you can pick them up for 79 if they have them on sale.  These are built specifically for apple products though and an adapter cable would be needed for most android phones.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I'm going to assume that you have a budget and not strictly looking for the "best" IEMs with inline mic and remote. Because in that case, you'd be looking at the AKG K3003i which are well over 1k or the Phonak PFE232 which are around $600. For cheaper options, Phonak Audeo has also other excellent IEMs with a mic + remote in the sub $200 range or you could decide to go with MEElec for under $100. 

$1000 for a pair of IEMS? Holy geeze, that's ridiculous.  My budget definitely is no where near that high.  I would like to say somewhere between $75-$100

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #7 of 7
The first column ("i") of the table in Post #8 of joker's amazing review compilation indicates the IEMs with a mic/remote option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back