Best IEM's under $250
Dec 27, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #16 of 28
I hear the Phonak Audeo FPE's are quite incredible for the price of $140.

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TF10s from an an Amazon reseller; and you still have $$ to get them made into customs.

-Pony

These go for $140 on eBay. great steal. Most would put these slightly below IE8s, which cost double what these do.

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 28
yea i think tf 10 is worth getting on ebay, just that u have to find the right seller... and i heard theres no fake tf 10s so should be safe.

anyway im kinda a newbie in ebay anyone got any ideas how to look for a trusted seller?

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #20 of 28
Yea the Triple Fi 10s can be had for cheap on Amazon... I was gonna get some Grados but I MIGHT pick some up at the current price; I've always wanted some
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #21 of 28
I have a westone 2 basically brand new I'd probably sell ya. Pm me. They sound great

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy from a well rated Amazon reseller Amazon. You will get protection via Amazon.

yea but im from Canada and i don't think amazon stuff applies to canada? not really sure.

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #23 of 28
Amazon doesn't, but one of the vendors in the Amazon marketplace probably will. I'd send a couple of them a message and see what they can do.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #24 of 28
Shure 530s baaaby!

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #25 of 28
oh... i think i should message them and try... cuz under amazon marketplace they stated that shipping electronics is not applicable for canada

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by XAlexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear the Phonak Audeo FPE's are quite incredible for the price of $140.

I haven't seen much info these? Are they in the same leauge as others?

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by shark2288 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen much info these? Are they in the same leauge as others?

The PFE's were very popular and received a lot of rave reviews about 6 months back, but I believe they have had some QC/durability issues. Additionally, they were reported to benefit significantly from amplification - so that should probably be included in your calculus.

Changing gears, I have a question that may help to refine your search a bit. One basic starting point is to determine what is more important to you of these two sonic characteristics: (1) treble detail or (2) resonant bass and bass impact.

If the former is your focus, you should probably be looking at BA IEM's (Ety's, Shure, etc.) By contrast, if you err towards the latter, you will probably fall into the camp that favors dynamics (ie: Senns, JVC's, Futuresonics) as they tend to push more air resulting in a more formidable bottom end.

There are lots of good options in the $250 range - but what you will enjoy the most is purely a matter of subjective taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back