Best IEM's for $80 Budget?
Apr 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #16 of 45
I would recommend the ViSang R03. For me they beat the S4 (cleaner bass, better balance, less tiring treble) and come very close to the turbines, all for $60.

I would not recommend the RE0 and especially not the Nuforce NE-8 coming from the marshmallows. Unless you already know that you like an analytical sound, either one will sound anemic.

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #17 of 45
i got some denon c710 for like 75 bucks, and they are one of the few cheaper iem's i have kept mainly because they donot sound recessed and they have large bass punch, ithink they use a 13 mm driver in there,, the caviat is the sibilance, but only at high volumes, i found these need a long burn. also the cable is super short, i find this comes in super handy when mobile,, these are very bright, but have thick sound. again they are sibilant at high volumes, but i havent foundd anything better for that cheap,, if anyone has let us all know.

i would reccomend saving up to 150 and getting some triplefi 10 on ebay. or you could get soome klipsh s4i, i havent heard those but apparently alot of people like them, and the s4i i think has a built in mic.

cheers

May 1, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 45
I thought the VModas looked wonderful, so the looks of the RE0 must be stunning.

That said...if you can get the Turbines for $80.... and are a basshead.... Turbines.

May 1, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #20 of 45
Thanks for the help so far. Was just wondering, whats analytical sound and like what sort of songs are mostly treble or which songs mostly bass. (I'm fairly new at this).

Are the Sennheisers IE7 any good?

May 1, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylafari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the help so far. Was just wondering, whats analytical sound and like what sort of songs are mostly treble or which songs mostly bass. (I'm fairly new at this).

Are the Sennheisers IE7 any good?

analytical means detailed giving you the opportunity to "analyse" the sound I suppose.

High notes on the piano are treble, instruements like flute, violin and other strings produce treble whereas drums and bass guitar produce bass.

May 1, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #22 of 45
I don't know about alternative, since I don't listen to it, but for regular rock RE0 plus big double flanges is just perfect IMO. In fact, I haven't heard any IEM yet that can beat it for this type of music. Maybe Ortofon e-Q7 does, but it also costs 4X the price.

May 1, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #23 of 45
I think i'm leaning towards the RE0 but the lack of bass makes me reconsider ><. All this discussion only makes me wanna buy more earphones
frown.gif

May 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #24 of 45
Quote:

I think i'm leaning towards the RE0 but the lack of bass makes me reconsider ><. All this discussion only makes me wanna buy more earphones
frown.gif

RE0 does not lack bass at all with the large bi-flanges. The bass is very tight, deep, quick and detailed - perfect for rock!

May 2, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #25 of 45
x2
i use the Meelec bi-flanges with mine.
The RE0 pairs nicely with my walkman.
Enough Bass which extends very low when you EQ for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great for Rock, excellent for Acoustic, Outstanding for Acoustic Rock
darthsmile.gif

May 3, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #27 of 45
For the RE0, is it good for nonamped use? Does this affect the volume or anything? I'm pretty set on getting the RE0...

May 3, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

For the RE0, is it good for nonamped use? Does this affect the volume or anything? I'm pretty set on getting the RE0...

It doesnt take much to drive them.
I get good volume at 12 / 30 from the walkman.
Some people say amping them helps them, but i am very happy with them unamped.
Head-Direct has a 30 day money back guarantee.
Why not give them a go.
I dont think you'll be disappointed.
k701smile.gif

May 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #29 of 45
surprised no one has mentioned Sound Magic PL50 which is a great IEM for under $80. sound is a bit warmer than RE0, less cable noise, more comfortable to wear for extended periods, and hey it's $25 cheaper too. if you are like me and take your PMP on the go and do a lot of walking, i would pick the PL50 over the RE0, but for critical and/or stationary listening the REO would be the way to go. BTW both sound great in the low frequencies if your source material is quality and you have the ability to customize your EQ. they are both balanced which i find, in the long run, to be far more important to your ears than those that exaggerate the low end.

May 4, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #30 of 45
Ok now that i'm pretty set on the RE0, is the Head Direct on Amazon actually Head Direct? Also theirs another seller, DBROTH and was just wondering if these 2 were legitimate sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back