Best IEM tips?
Feb 12, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #3,002 of 3,382
? Why does that stop you?
Why not?

Nevermind, i found Divinus Velvet in my box of eartips (i forgot i have this). And... shoutiness gone while remaining resolving. No need EQ.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #3,004 of 3,382
Are you being sarcastic? If you are, fine I guess, 1/10.

If you aren't, I use android + dongle, I have multiple ways to apply systemwide EQ and PEQs. Your statement makes no sense.
What is your problem with people who dont want to EQ? This is eartips thread.

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #3,005 of 3,382
What is your problem with people who dont want to EQ? This is eartips thread.
In iOS it is, except with Deezer app, impossible to EQ. Apple only has some presets and that is it. And even if I could I would never EQ. I rather buy stuff that sound good out of the box. It is crazy you buy a IEM and you first have to EQ it before it sounds good to you.

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #3,007 of 3,382
Nevermind Deleted

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #3,008 of 3,382
In iOS it is, except with Deezer app, impossible to EQ. Apple only has some presets and that is it. And even if I could I would never EQ. I rather buy stuff that sound good out of the box. It is crazy you buy a IEM and you first have to EQ it before it sounds good to you.
Is it? That's unfortunate for iOS users, sorry to hear that.

That's an interesting perspective on EQ. I think it's entirely rational to learn how to EQ to fine tune your transducer to fit your HRTF as close as possible. Of course it's preferable to have a high quality transducer in the first place, but barring identical twins, you aren't going to share an identical pinna gain response to just about anyone else, so you have to either buy and sell your way to some semblance of a match or just use EQ and figure out your ideal pinna gain response curve.

Why is that crazy exactly?

Feb 12, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #3,009 of 3,382

That's an interesting perspective on EQ. I think it's entirely rational to learn how to EQ to fine tune your transducer to fit your HRTF as close as possible. Of course it's preferable to have a high quality transducer in the first place, but barring identical twins, you aren't going to share an identical pinna gain response to just about anyone else, so you have to either buy and sell your way to some semblance of a match or just use EQ and figure out your ideal pinna gain response curve.

Just because.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #3,010 of 3,382

while not necessarily crazy, one reason why its not ideal is because not everyone listens on a single device and with a single IEM. I use a Gryphon which I do either BT or wired into my work laptop, personal laptop or my phone plus I switch between mutliple IEMs. something like the Q5K makes switching sources less of a problem but at the end of the day EQ is not plug and play and some people want plug and play.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #3,011 of 3,382
I did not mean crazy in a bad way. What I meant is when you spend (a lot of) money to buy a IEM and you first have to figure out the best EQ why buy that IEM? Why not just buy a IEM that doesn’t need EQ and sounds good straight away? With hundreds (thousands?) different IEM’s surely there is one that fits your preferences.

Feb 12, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #3,012 of 3,382
while not necessarily crazy, one reason why its not ideal is because not everyone listens on a single device and with a single IEM. I use a Gryphon which I do either BT or wired into my work laptop, personal laptop or my phone plus I switch between mutliple IEMs. something like the Q5K makes switching sources less of a problem but at the end of the day EQ is not plug and play and some people want plug and play.
That's fair, EQ absolutely has drawbacks, and I don't have any issue with people choosing to not use it. I just don't think it's crazy to use tools like EQ to improve my experience in a tangible and personal way when the alternatives are significantly more costly and dubious in efficacy.

Feb 12, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #3,013 of 3,382
Feb 12, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #3,014 of 3,382
Feb 13, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #3,015 of 3,382
After buying over 25+ pairs of eartips. These are the ones. Divinus Velvet. The only con is how freaking hard they are to put on.
20240213_115117.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back