Best IEM tips?
Nov 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #46 of 3,418
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comply-foam-tips-and-effects-tip-selection This is a great test Tyll did. I also have to agree with a lot of the measurements done, and I don't find the Comply and treble issue to be anywhere audible to my ears with my PFE232. If I had to be downright honest, I would have to say the Treble does sound a BIT less pronounced, but I'm just guessing. I was always a fan of Silicone and Shure Olives, but Comply tips are very comfortable and I love how they are softer than the olives from experience.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #47 of 3,418
Quote:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comply-foam-tips-and-effects-tip-selection This is a great test Tyll did. I also have to agree with a lot of the measurements done, and I don't find the Comply and treble issue to be anywhere audible to my ears with my PFE232. If I had to be downright honest, I would have to say the Treble does sound a BIT less pronounced, but I'm just guessing. I was always a fan of Silicone and Shure Olives, but Comply tips are very comfortable and I love how they are softer than the olives from experience.

I think Tyll nailed it.
But I also feel the bore size also has to play a role. Shure has a smaller bore, so chances of it getting blocked are higher.

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #51 of 3,418
I wouldn't say they're the best, but I really enjoy the Hippo foam tips, M+ size. They effectively increase the isolation of my IE80s, and while they do impact the sound by muffling the treble slightly and increasing bass rumble, it's not something I can't live without given my music preferences and portable usage.

Otherwise, I like the Monster Tri-flanges (not so good with my IE80s since they're an over the ear fit, but I like them with my MTPCs). I have also found the Klipsch oval tips with the S4 and X10 (I haven't received my X10 yet though) to be supremely comfortable and easy to insert.

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #52 of 3,418
Although not the cheapest and somewhat inconvenient to insert, Comply tips are what I insist on using whenever I get a new pair of IEMs. The comfort in the end makes it all worthwhile. 

The memory foam's gradual expansion in the ear canal completely eliminates any uncomfortable suction effect with closed/ sealed IEMs is also a very welcome bonus for me.

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #53 of 3,418
Quote:
Those large grey silicon tips that come with the Westone's.  I may be the only one that likes them though....

//never quite liked the foam

another lover here. cant hear much on the underground with those on.
not a particular lover of foam either, if only for the cleaning aspect.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #54 of 3,418
 I will ad in list:  Westone UM56 + Shure yellow foam! + Shure blk Olive + New Westone "Star" silicone tips, (med.short / blk steem)  + Sony Hybrid (mod) + Tri-flinges (mod) + Q-Tips (mod)

wink_face.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #55 of 3,418
For narrow bores, like Westone & Shure, I love the new Westone "Star" tips. For medium bores, I use Sony Hybrids. Haven't found a tip I really like for large bores, like the UE900, Heir 4.A1 and Aurisonics ASG-1.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #58 of 3,418
I like the comply S400 as they slightly boost bass, and tame piercing trebles. And they are pretty comfortable, but I have no comfort issues with standard black silicone tips, just that foamies change SQ.

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #60 of 3,418
the complys or the stock plastic ones? the stock are terrible imo (the e-q5 ones, not sure if the e-q7 come with dif ones)

The white ones they sell separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back