Best IEM for Rock?
Nov 4, 2010 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

yliu

500+ Head-Fier
I heard that the Triple.fi 10 is good for rock, can anyone confirm that? My budget would be min. 250, and max.500 USD. I am stuck between the Shure SE 535 and the Triple fi 10. Can anyone tell me the differences between the SE535 and Triplr fi? I can only get the Shure for around 575 (couldn't find lower prices), and the Ultimate Ears for around 400.

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #3 of 13
do some research dude,too many  money to be spent on these 2 alone...plenty of good iem's here

read joker's thread and search,search,search

what kind of rock are you into btw ?

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 13
my kind of guy

aslo do you want your iem's

neutral , fun , bassy ?

what exactly do you look as in their sound signature ?

Quote:
Mostly Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
Mostly Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and some Linkin Park, Metallica etc.

There is no contest , TF10 is much more suited to those groups and that type of rock music  than the SE530 ,other good choices for those groups are westone 3, SM3 ,and if you are on a budget HJE900.

I have the TF10 in my ears right now rocking along to Zeppelin and loving every minute of it , they sound supurb ,as much as i like the SE530 they just do not have the bass to do those groups justice 
happy_face1.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
my kind of guy

aslo do you want your iem's

neutral , fun , bassy ?

what exactly do you look as in their sound signature ?

Now, I am searching for a more or less neural iem, because I already have the IE8 which was very good in the beginning but now its just too bassy. Although, I still want a slightly warm sound with a reasonable amount of bass.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 13
X2 on the Triple fis

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Now, I am searching for a more or less neural iem, because I already have the IE8 which was very good in the beginning but now its just too bassy. Although, I still want a slightly warm sound with a reasonable amount of bass.

Yep, definitely TF10 then. I have them and the IE8 and I can say the TF10 is much more towards neutral and the bass is more punchy (but has less quantity) than the IE8. Beware though if you have small sized canals (ie. you always use small sized tips on iems), you will have trouble getting a good fit.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Beware though if you have small sized canals (ie. you always use small sized tips on iems), you will have trouble getting a good fit.

The IE8 fits great with medium tips, but the Ultimate Ears 700 medium tips seem a bit big for me (always fall out). Would you guys think my ear canals are too small for the triplefis? because the ue 700 medium tips were big, but I think you get different tips with the triple fi.

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:

The IE8 fits great with medium tips, but the Ultimate Ears 700 medium tips seem a bit big for me (always fall out). Would you guys think my ear canals are too small for the triplefis? because the ue 700 medium tips were big, but I think you get different tips with the triple fi.

i think they will fit your ears just fine and ie8 tips fit on the triple fi 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back