Best IEM for rap / hip-hop on iphone4 !!!
Jul 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 11
Older driver.
I don't think that just because someone says it's for an iPhone that they are implying that they need a mic on the cable. Yes they are nice to have but it really isn't a big deal to lift the phone to your mouth while still keeping the iem's in. Besides, people who talk into thin air look crazy :D seriously though, unless they state that they want them I don't think we should severely limit their choices by assuming that.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 11
I'd be more inclined toward the remote on the cable for skipping songs, if it could do that over the mic because you don't have to unplug the headphones to use the phone, just raise the receiver to your mouth to talk and listen through the headphones. Bluetooth is actually standard on many cars now and a cheap option if not and is much better than wearing a headset of any kind.

I mean this is getting off on tangent beside the point I was trying to make in that he could be missing out on better headphones that dont have a mic/remote because we're assuming that just because he has an iPhone that he wants the controls/mic.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
But no iPhone controls with Atrios, which I figure most users would want if they only have a single pair of IEMs. Also, with 2-3 days of burn-in, the Spider bass is smooth and punchy, not messy or bloated, very good for rap/hip-hop (I have some of that genre and the realvoices respond very well).

Yes, the Atrios are dynamic bass kings, no doubt. But for an iPhone, better to have the mic/controls.

Yes, as you mentioned later, the Atrio X is where the OP should look. They've got the control option and to my ears, were only slightly less well rounded than the Atrio M5s (with the mg7) and also half the price.  Apparently they are just trying to get rid of the "old" mg5 driver, but it appears to have been tweaked a bit because it's pretty close to the mg7.

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 11
For $100 I would go with the Dunu Hephaes. They're great for hip hop and can pack the oomph in the bass. In fact listening to them with hip hop right now. =) If you're interested I wrote a review on them that should still be on the first page.

If you're going higher I would suggest either the Sennheiser IE8i or Monster Turbine Gold w/ Control Talk that both come with iPod mic and controls.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Also fair enough haha. I admit more than just sometimes I wish I could skip songs and pause without taking out the phone. As far as the bluetooth headsets go, I completely agree, I was actually referring to the car connecting to the phone directly and speaking through the car audio system and it's own mic.

Quote:
Fair enough. I like the mic and hate those bluetooth headsets, so when I am out I prefer the IEM headset for the phone, skipping and pausing songs, etc. You can't do the latter with a regular cable, and it matters on the iPhone for me when out walking, etc.

BTW, sorry for not having any recommendations but the ones in this thread so far have been good. maybe look into something like the DDM1 or DDM2. or look in ClieOS or |Joker| 's IEM review threads, links available from Cliffroyroycole's IEM Help thread (In his sig).

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 11
Future Sonics Atrio or Sennheiser IE8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back