Best iem for jazz and classical
Jul 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

thehadi

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys,
I read all about iem but i can't find answer.
I have an imod with ibasso D4.
And i am trying to find best iem for jazz and classical.
Seperation and soundstage is also too important for me and i will listen it at hospital or outside. So isolation is important too.
Let's say no limit about money.
What do you recommend for me?
All my bests

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 10
My two favorites for those genres have different strengths but I love them both. First pick is the UM3X. Great separation! The second is Sennheiser IE8. Great Soundstage! I love symphonies on the IE8. If I had to pick one (and sadly did), it was the UM3X. Fantastic for jazz and classical!

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 10
Universal IEMs= SM3, E-Q7, UM3x, IE8, FX700, Radius DDM and DBA-02......
Custom IEMs= JH13Pro, UE18Pro, JH16Pro.....

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 10
I personally strongly disliked the IE8 for classical as their midrange is rather thin, lacks body and is slightly grainy. Also, their bass is awfully bloated which  will render cellos in the most undefined way possible. IMHO they can be good with other genres, but not classical.

The UM3x is much better to my ears, but they have a very narrow soundstage and lack dynamics.

If budget is no limit, I'd pick without any hesitation the Earsonics SM3, since they do everything at least very well without any major flaw. Also, they have one thing that's not frequently found with IEMs : great timber accuracy, and a very good sense of decay / reverb, two aspects that I personally find critical for classical music. They have superb dynamics, a flat frequency response if not slightly on the warm side depending on tips, and a realistic soundstage. Their midrange is by a long shot the best I've ever heard as far as IEMs go (better than the SE530 to me). I can't think of aything better for classical.

I haven't heard the FX700 or EQ-7 (supposedly good with classical as well, though I'd guess the Earsonics would still have the edge here).

Jul 14, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 10
Thanks guys

Custom IEMs= JH13Pro, UE18Pro, JH16Pro..... 

i thought about them but i can't decide.
Which one?

I am distant about ie 8
confused_face(1).gif

Bests

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 10
The JH13's (and probably the JH16's as well) are just awesome for classical. They have very decent soundstage for a pair of in-ear monitors and are mostly neutral with a slight bump in bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back