Best IEM for Galaxy S2
Oct 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

visanj

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Could anyone in this forum please let me know which is the best IEM for Galaxy S2? The reason for mentioning Galaxy S2 is it has bad sound quality and I don't want to buy any new phone as of now. I am looking for IEM which can sound good with S2

Please let me know if anyone of you can help me out in this

Thanks

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 10
Any IEM can be good for the Galaxy S2 depending on your preferences. Just asking for IEMs for the S2 is so arbitrary that we have no idea what your preferences are in terms of Portability, amping, music preferences, sound preferences, budget, and etc. And no, the S2 isn't a bad sounding player. It's certainly not the greatest, but it does manage to sound pretty good. My brother has one and I think it sounds better than my iPhone 4 through the headphone jack unamped.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 10
I agree with planx.  

I have the S2 and occasionally use my Shure SE215's.  I don't think they sound bad at all, especially considering I only spent $100 on them. But I don't use my Galaxy as a source very often.  Still...I think if you are looking to keep your cost low, the Shure's will work great.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
Any IEM can be good for the Galaxy S2 depending on your preferences. Just asking for IEMs for the S2 is so arbitrary that we have no idea what your preferences are in terms of Portability, amping, music preferences, sound preferences, budget, and etc. And no, the S2 isn't a bad sounding player. It's certainly not the greatest, but it does manage to sound pretty good. My brother has one and I think it sounds better than my iPhone 4 through the headphone jack unamped.

I'm not sure if you people are referring to International S2 model as there are many S2 versions and International S2 version has bad sound quality. Anyways I have FIIO E17 DAC/AMP and Clip+ player and right now I'm using Brainwavz M2 IEM but I want to directly use IEM with Galaxy S2 directly without any amp so I can listen to music anytime I want

When I listen my S2 using Brainwavz M2 I'm not that satisfied. Thats why I'm asking if there are any IEMs which can forgive S2's poor sound quality

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

I'm not sure if you people are referring to International S2 model as there are many S2 versions and International S2 version has bad sound quality. Anyways I have FIIO E17 DAC/AMP and Clip+ player and right now I'm using Brainwavz M2 IEM but I want to directly use IEM with Galaxy S2 directly without any amp so I can listen to music anytime I want

When I listen my S2 using Brainwavz M2 I'm not that satisfied. Thats why I'm asking if there are any IEMs which can forgive S2's poor sound quality

Yes, yes I am. I think it sounds good. Maybe your files were poor?

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 10
My Galaxy S2 sounds terrible compared to my on-board audio using headphones like the ATH-M50 and Sennheiser HD 598. They will make your music more sibilant, and will reduce the soundstage and position by a lot compared to a modern MB's on-board audio. Your best bet is to look for IEMs that are not harsh in the highs.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
My Galaxy S2 sounds terrible compared to my on-board audio using headphones like the ATH-M50 and Sennheiser HD 598. They will make your music more sibilant, and will reduce the soundstage and position by a lot compared to a modern MB's on-board audio. Your best bet is to look for IEMs that are not harsh in the highs.

Thanks for your info... I have already thinking to buy Sennheiser IE80 (as discussed in another thread) but thats for my Clip+ player. So I'm thinking if IE80 will sound good with Galaxy S2

Any opinion please?

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #9 of 10
I am planning to get a Clip+, and I would put my bets that it would be much better compared to the S2 player (my Sansa E200 sounded much better). S2's EQ is only so limited, and much of the poor quality cannot be fixed with EQ. Your best bet is to carry around your Clip+ and your S2. If you really do plan to use your S2 with a pair of headphones, look for those with "smooth treble"/low sibilance headphones, more fun rather than analytical, and the rest such as positioning is your decision. Just do not expect any form of soundstage, expect recessed frequencies when you use your EQ, expect more sibilance, and do not expect too much from quality. I personally had to reduce the 8k frequency 3db to make my music less sibilant for my Image S2m.

Oct 26, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
I am planning to get a Clip+, and I would put my bets that it would be much better compared to the S2 player (my Sansa E200 sounded much better). S2's EQ is only so limited, and much of the poor quality cannot be fixed with EQ. Your best bet is to carry around your Clip+ and your S2. If you really do plan to use your S2 with a pair of headphones, look for those with "smooth treble"/low sibilance headphones, more fun rather than analytical, and the rest such as positioning is your decision. Just do not expect any form of soundstage, expect recessed frequencies when you use your EQ, expect more sibilance, and do not expect too much from quality. I personally had to reduce the 8k frequency 3db to make my music less sibilant for my Image S2m.

I have a sansa clip zip (SQ = Clip+) as well as Galaxy S2, Clip zip Sound is a lot neutral,balanced and detailed than S2, so go with the above recommendation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back