Best Home Theater Headphones?
Aug 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

maximillianl

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I have been on the search for some Home theater headphones, and users from various sites have redirected me here.  My max budget would be 350ish.  I will be using the headphones for my bedroom, where i have my tv connected to my desktop which has a headphones amp.

The headphones i have been looking at are the Sennheiser RS 180/170, or Sennheiser HD558.  I would like to purchase it at best buy as i have a $200+ gift card.  

I am open to all suggestions, i do not have a preference of wired or wireless, i just need some good headphones for watching action packed movies.

Thank you all in advance

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have been on the search for some Home theater headphones, and users from various sites have redirected me here.  My max budget would be 350ish.  I will be using the headphones for my bedroom, where i have my tv connected to my desktop which has a headphones amp.

The headphones i have been looking at are the Sennheiser RS 180/170, or Sennheiser HD558.  I would like to purchase it at best buy as i have a $200+ gift card.  

I am open to all suggestions, i do not have a preference of wired or wireless, i just need some good headphones for watching action packed movies.

Which headphone amplifier (and DAC) do you have?

Bestbuy is overpriced on everything, but I would say go for the Senn HD558s.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 4
I do not have a sound card, i wanted to buy the headphones first.

I was looking at the 558's but i hear they don't have much of a bass.  How do they compare to the rs 170's?

I was looking at/getting the [size=x-small]Asus Xonar essence STX[/size]

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I do not have a sound card, i wanted to buy the headphones first.

I was looking at the 558's but i hear they don't have much of a bass.  How do they compare to the rs 170's?

I was looking at/getting the [size=x-small]Asus Xonar essence STX[/size]

I really have no idea on HD558 vs. RS170 as I've never listened to the RS170s

But if your willing to get the Essence STX, then the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250-Ohm would be a nice choice.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/beyerdynamic+-+Over-the-Ear+Studio+Headphones/4990124.p?id=1218595017842&skuId=4990124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back