Best headphones under $80 (flexible) for...
Jun 14, 2011 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Groznyjgrad

New Head-Fier
Soundstage, Techno/House/Dubstep, and Hard Rock and Metal? ( I mean 3 different headphones, not one for all three.)

I've been reading that the HARX900's and V600's are pretty good for electronic stuff, and the AD-700's seem good for soundstage.

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 7
Soundstage is an easy one:  Audio Technica AD700 with fat-pad/comfort fit mod.

They're $80 street price.

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 7
AD700 for hard rock would be pretty terrible I imagine. The AD700 has like very little bass..not even enough for me who could care less about lots of bass.

I'd suggest spending another $20 and getting a pair of KRK KNS-6400. Very good for most every genre and has a good soundstage.

Sadly, no reviews of this headphone yet. It's a studio monitor, but quite fun to listen to. Has quite a lot of bass too, but not bass heavy of course.

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
AD700 for hard rock would be pretty terrible I imagine. The AD700 has like very little bass..not even enough for me who could care less about lots of bass.

I'd suggest spending another $20 and getting a pair of KRK KNS-6400. Very good for most every genre and has a good soundstage.

Sadly, no reviews of this headphone yet. It's a studio monitor, but quite fun to listen to. Has quite a lot of bass too, but not bass heavy of course.

He's getting three different headphones (right?) I love the Prodipe Pro800 for electronic, but they're pretty fragile. The Sony V6, not V600, would be decent for electronic too, and are much more sturdy. For metal, I'll go against the grain and tell you to find a vintage orthodynamic.

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #7 of 7
I listen to the same genre as you do, I got the Sony MDRV6 yesterday and am loving it when listening to Deadmau5, Skrillex, etc.
Great warm tone and also clear vocals. The soundstage isn't as defined as I'd like, but still not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back