Best Headphones for Under $160
Jun 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #16 of 17
How about v-moda m80?

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:
To be honest, I haven't heard anything around $150 or less that matched the Sennheiser HD-280s. For metal, they are just awesome. The sound for the price is unbelievable. My brother and I feel like we have the secret pair of budget headphones. We love metal music also its for sure the main talk of music around the house.  Maybe I have a different taste (or an inexperienced one), I just got done with a huge thread on which headphones were right for me. That was because I bought the $400 Hifiman HE-400's. They turned out to be a bad choice. I prefer these HD-280's over them (especially for metal), which I bought years ago for $80. My recommendation is to buy the 280's try them out, if you don't like them for your music send them back. If you do like them, get a cheaper amp for them and enjoy. I have heard a $300 pair of headphones, granted they were marked down to about $150 from original price, the 280's put them to shame. The V-moda LP crossfade, they didn't come close in my brothers and my opinions. Those ones are around the same price. I can't say I have heard any Grados, I do hear them being recommended for rock music.

My last and final point is don't take anyones reviews and opinions too harshly and seriously even my own. Everyone here usually has very good information, but everyones ears are just too much different. I hate open headphones for metal, for example. They seem to work well with certain genres, but not metal. So if I read cel4145's post correctly, those grados are open. Beware the chances if dissatisfaction are real. Again, take this with a grain of salt. I haven't heard the Grados so I could be talking out of my ass compared to those things. Hope you find the right headphones, I know I'm still searching for mine. 

The HD 280 is just pure crap through and through. Mark them off your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back