New Head-Fier
hi
i am new here
i want to buy nuforce udac3 dac/headphone amp or maybe the udac2
can someone tell me which headphones would be a perfect combination
with udac3
greetings

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 8
It's a little unusual to start with a DAC / amplifier and work back from that, so it makes it a little hard for people to know what you really want.

Are you looking for a fairly neutral sound?  What sort of music do you listen to? What's your budget? Are you ok with open headphones, or do you need closed phones due to your surroundings?

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 8
i listen mostly to rock,country,pop,blues
the headphones can be open or closed ,it isnt important
and the budget isnt important to me
the most important thing to me is that they would be a good combination with that headphone amp/dac
and that i dont buy headphones that need a better amp than which that udac3 has

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #7 of 8
the udac3 arrived today
i cant try it because i dont have headphones
now i need to buy  headphones
can anyone answer me which headphones would be a good combination wit that udac3?
im thinking of buying the sennheiser hd 518
can anyone give me an advice so that i dont buy something wrong?

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #8 of 8
So far I've listened to my uDAC3 on Grado SR225s, Beyerdynamic DT770/250 ohm, and Sennheiser HD280s. All sound great on it, better than without it for sure. But your requirements are kind of nebulous. Pretty much lower impedence headphones are fine (80 ohm and below) and it seems borderline on power to drive my DT770s at 250 ohms. Sensitivity will matter I'm sure. The DT770s are known for not being all that sensitive so they pretty much seem to be right at the top end of highest impedence / low sensitivity to drive from this DAC. But that kinda depends on how loud you like your music. I like some stuff loud and the amp in this just doesn't quite get there on these headphones. I do have a separate amp, the NuForce MMP and with the DAC driving that and then my headphones it's PLENTY loud. That amp's probably not the best for high impedence headphones but it's good enough to get me where I want volume and quality wise and not having to carry around a dedicated wall powered amp or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back