Best headphones for me
Dec 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jedy617

Head-Fier
Hey guys, brand new to the forums and I need some advice. Bear with me here because I don't know a huge amount. I have a pair of Bose AE2 headphones and they are super comfy, but I really want to step it up with a true audiophile set of headphones and I'm wondering if I can get some recommendations.

I listen to all type of music and I want a pair where I will be blown away with the sound quality compared to my Bose. I have around $300 to spend. I need something pretty comfy, doesn't have to be as comfy as my bose, but something I can get a good hour or 2 of listening on. Any recommendations for a first set of good headphones for me? Oh and I would like a closed back design. ( I also don't need noise canceling, just good quality sound.)

I have heard good things about the AKG K550 and Shure SRH940 I think? Any inputs on what would be best for me?

Thanks for the help!

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Sorry I have to have closed.. any other suggestions? I may be leaning towards the AKG's but I have no personal experience with any of these!

Wellllllll all the closed headphones that are generally recommended for your price range are generally on display at your local best buy.

For comfort, I personally like the audio technica ath-ad900x. The design is super comfy. Light weight. Closed. And they sound pretty darn good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back