Best Headphones For EDM Production, and Djing
Nov 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Adrian Peterson

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of headphones that will give me crystal clear sound quality and the best bang for my buck.
Price range up to 300$

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
What about the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO i hear those are good for music production?

Heya,

My understanding of production is that you want a very flat headphone, as a colored headphone will have very different sound when you start playback on speakers where the DJ event would be listened to. If you use a bassy headphone and produce music based on it's sound via those headphones, the result on speakers will be that it will sound anemic likely. But I'm not a producer, so maybe do some research on this.

Very best,

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 7
So the KRK KNS 8400 is the best in the 300 price range for EDM music production if so i'm buying them
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
So the KRK KNS 8400 is the best in the 300 price range for EDM music production if so i'm buying them
smily_headphones1.gif

Heya,

It's not the best but that's because there is no single best anything in audio. There's a lot of preferences, lots of flavors of the month, lots of very good headphones, lots of niche headphones, etc. And it changes every year. You need to look into what else is important to you in a headphone, from it's cable to it's ear pads, along with it's sonic properties. That will help you hone in on what you're actually looking for that is best for you.

Another headphone to consider is the GMP 8.35.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back