Best Headphones For $200 or Less?
Jan 22, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #46 of 51

Honestly I think Grado's have more bass than Skullcandy's so if your budget is $100 get the sr60i's and some dynomat and do the mods in here and they will be perfect for you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nobody's mentioned the DT 990's. For $179 (Amazon). Pretty nice phones but I have not heard alot of the others. But seems like a good deal under $200.

That is a killer deal - ohm load might be a bit much though (don't know which version amazon is selling)

Also, if you're looking for a closed back headphone, B & H is selling the DT770 in a 32 ohm version so you should just be able to run it right out of a portable device for just under 200.  I've heard people describe the DT770 as the most balanced of that beyer line.

My roomate ordered them last week and they should be showing up any day if you want to get my impressions and don't plan on buying the headphone in the next couple days.

Well, I don't have as many options now. My parents cut my spending limit to $100.

Audiohead- Im just kidding , I'm no audiophile but even I know skullcandy is garbage

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #47 of 51
If you don't need that much bass, and isolation means nothing to you, my first pair that I've really liked for a while are the Senn HD555's.  Extremely comfortable and really clean sound.  I am currently looking to move to a closed can with more bass though so considering either the Audio Technica M50 or the Ultrasone DJ1 after looking through a bunch of threads and seeing what would run well without an amp and stay around $150.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #48 of 51
The place I mentioned earlier just dropped the price to $195 + free shipping for hd600's. I just got my hd650s in the mail from them the other day for $250+free shipping and I got em in two days.

Pm me if anyone wants the link!

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #49 of 51
Even if your spending limit is ~$100, I think if you wait long enough or shop around you can still find the M50's for just a little bit over that... Atm they're at about $150, but you should be able to find them eventually. I have a pair, and they're great phones, though i do agree they are a tad bass-heavy, but not too much. And you should have no problems driving them. I use my iPod Touch, and they drive the M50s pretty well. Good luck!

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #51 of 51

Quote:
Why havent anyone recommend the senn HD25 yet?

Curiously, I was just reading about a study in phonetics where the researchers had kids listen to some synthesizer-made vowel sounds and then monitored their brain responses to find out how well their subconscious could recognize different versions of vowels. They used the HD 25 for sound playback.

Haven't heard them myself, though, so can't say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back