Best headphones for $100-$150
Jul 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Chupika

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. I'm new to headphones and I think it's time that I get a decent pair. My budget is $100-$150, and I am looking for clarity all around, and while I don't want a bass that will blow my head off, I really don't want an understated bass. I have found the following:

-Monster NCredible NTune headphones ($150)

-Sony MDR-V55 ($100)

-Audio Technica ATH-WS55 ($100)

-Sennheiser HD 229 ($80)

-MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 ($100)

-Fanny Wang 1000 Series ($170) <- a little bit out of my price range, but if it's a lot better than any of the above, I am willing to foot the price.

So, for my requirements, which would be the best and do you guys have any more recommendations?

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 7
clarity all around, and while I don't want a bass that will blow my head off, I really don't want an understated bass

think i bought my first MONSTER based on a statement like the above..Ncredible  :p

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks, but I have seen some pretty horrible reviews about the NCredible's bass bleeding into the mid-/higher range and making the music sound muddy. Do you think this might be true?

Jul 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 7
I am also considering looks, as I will be wearing these in public a lot. I don't think the HFI-680's really look the best.

Also, how do the Incase Sonic and the Sol Republic Tracks do in terms of sound quality? They sure look nice. 

Top choices at the moment:

-Monster NCredible NTune (not sure about sound quality, based on mixed reviews)

-MEElectronics Aif-Fi AF32 (not sure of sound quality)

-Sony MDR-V55

-Audio Technica ATH-WS55 (I'm worrying if it might have too much bass.)

-Fanny Wang 1000 Series (Again, worried about sound quality)

Looks and sound both considered, which is the best set of cans for me?

Jul 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #6 of 7
From the list I see go with the mdr v55. Others you might want to look at mdr zx700 or ath m50. Both are closed so + for portable use. The ath m50 however has a really long coil cable so not as portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back