Best Headphones around $0-$200 For Gaming and Music????
Apr 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Omnom

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys 
I'm a noob here (just letting ya know)
Well anyway I am desperately trying to find a headset that will suit my needs. 
-Kinda want it stylish as I will be wearing it in public 
-Good Bass
-Overall sound for music
-Decent sound for gaming (I listen to music more than gaming so doesn't worry me to much but would still like nice sounds :)
-Comfort (I tend to either game or listen to music for long periods of time so it is important)

I've been looking at the Audio Technica ATH M50 but apparently it isn't good for gaming, a similar one suggested was the Shure SRH840 but apparently that gets uncomfortable. Both are the kind of styles I like not to out there but sleek. The Ultrasone Pro 550 apparently are very good for what i want but it seems way to large for my head which would make me look silly. I have considered the Sennheiser HD280 but I'm not sure if it's good for gaming the style is good and comfort is apparently good. Anyways I have no clue what to do.
Priority:
1st equal - Sound
1st equal - Stlye
2nd - Comfort
3rd - Durability

Note: I will be getting a clip on mic a Zalman one. 

Thanks for anyone who replies I am hopelessly stuck
:)

Apr 1, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 18
Hey
That actually looks like a very good headset except for the fact it's a little outta my price range of >$200.
I'm from New Zealand and going to buy it off amazon. So does anyone have any idea where to get these cheaper?
Any other cheaper suggestions?
Thanks

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 18
By wearing it in public I assume you mean you will be walking around with it? The Creative aurvana live! (CAL!) probably springs to mind. I personally have one and can't stand it. Bought it to compare to my other headphone and it's been in the drawer most of the time. Everyone else seems to love it though. They work pretty well for gaming

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 18
If you look the color scheme and wood accents consider:

Senn hd598.

They are nice but do not have a strong bass line. If you are after more bass consider:

Beyer dt770/250

good luck!!

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #7 of 18
May be worth asking this in the gaming forum as well which where a lot of the gamers are.

The fact you want to wear them outside makes it a bit harder as most of the better gaming headphones are open for the soundstage.

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #8 of 18
Oh okay
Well would you know if the sennheiser HD280's are any good?
Apparently they're good for music but I'm not to sure about gaming.
Also the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80. Apparently they're extremely good but they aren't on amazon :frowning2:

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
Hey guys 
I'm a noob here (just letting ya know)
Well anyway I am desperately trying to find a headset that will suit my needs. 
-Kinda want it stylish as I will be wearing it in public 
-Good Bass
-Overall sound for music
-Decent sound for gaming (I listen to music more than gaming so doesn't worry me to much but would still like nice sounds :)
-Comfort (I tend to either game or listen to music for long periods of time so it is important)

I've been looking at the Audio Technica ATH M50 but apparently it isn't good for gaming, a similar one suggested was the Shure SRH840 but apparently that gets uncomfortable. Both are the kind of styles I like not to out there but sleek. The Ultrasone Pro 550 apparently are very good for what i want but it seems way to large for my head which would make me look silly. I have considered the Sennheiser HD280 but I'm not sure if it's good for gaming the style is good and comfort is apparently good. Anyways I have no clue what to do.
Priority:
1st equal - Sound
1st equal - Stlye
2nd - Comfort
3rd - Durability

Note: I will be getting a clip on mic a Zalman one. 

Thanks for anyone who replies I am hopelessly stuck
:)

Used Beyer DT770
+ ModMic (forget the clip on)

Very best,

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #11 of 18
Anyone have any idea where I can get the Beyer DT 770 Pro 80 as I will be using this for my ipod as well. There are no more on amazon and i kinda want it  brand new :)
If you happen to have one or know someone who has one that is brand new and is willing to send to New Zealand then please let them know im interested for a reasonable price
Thanks
What your reckon?
DT 770 or Ultrasone Pro 550

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
Anyone have any idea where I can get the Beyer DT 770 Pro 80 as I will be using this for my ipod as well. There are no more on amazon and i kinda want it  brand new :)
If you happen to have one or know someone who has one that is brand new and is willing to send to New Zealand then please let them know im interested for a reasonable price
Thanks
What your reckon?
DT 770 or Ultrasone Pro 550

Yes, check out Guitar Center, I know for a fact that they have them since that's where I bought mine about 6 years ago, still have them and they still work great. If looking to shop for them online, sweetwater has them, check them out here,  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT770pro

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back