Best Headphone for me
Oct 16, 2011 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Dgiant

100+ Head-Fier
hi im new to the forums but own a few headphones. currently i own a bose QC 15, Beats Pro, V moda crossfade LP, and the Phiaton     ps 500. My favorite headphone out of all 4 is the beats because of the closed and deep bass. I was looking for a new headphone that is similiar to the beats pro but lighter for extended use and portabillity. I will be using it for mostly listening to music (on my ipod) or mixing. I would like it if it is aesthetically pleasing. (Color selection is nice too). price range is under 700. wood perferred. Thanks in advance!

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 15
I'm guessing you like bass?
Pioneer HDJ2000 might be a decent choice. No color selection but they're fairly portable and definitely durable enough for everyday use in public. $250ish price tag on the street I believe. Nice and bassy. Its little brother, the HDJ500 is also pretty good, maybe not as durable by the looks of it. I personally have the 500, and its headband is quite ridiculously thin. Yet sturdy enough to withstand being tossed in a cramped backpack, for the moment.
You could also try Ultrasone HFI580 or the Shure SRH750DJ. They're all in the same category as closed and bassy headphones.

Might want to also check out this thread.

I just noticed this, the HDJ2000 can be colorwared. The price is pretty steep though, $260? You're better off coloring it yourself.

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 15
I think these would be perfect for you. These are actually very good DJ cans and have that bass you like. I own the red ones. Very nice for the price. Only Around $90 but sound great and very nice for Djing. They have around 95% of the sound of the HDJ2000s..

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 15
I would choose the DT770 Pro 80, after trying all the rest that you mention in your last post. Superb comfort, great soundstage, excellent balance in the entire frequency spectrum, but highly revealing and shouty if you listen to bands that don't record their music in high quality or master it poorly.

The second choice would be the Denon AH-D2000, the third the Pioneer and the last for the Audio Technica (I really hate this headphone for the imbalance in the frequency spectrum).

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 15

Quote:
I would choose the DT770 Pro 80, after trying all the rest that you mention in your last post. Superb comfort, great soundstage, excellent balance in the entire frequency spectrum, but highly revealing and shouty if you listen to bands that don't record their music in high quality or master it poorly.

The second choice would be the Denon AH-D2000, the third the Pioneer and the last for the Audio Technica (I really hate this headphone for the imbalance in the frequency spectrum).

You hate the M50s for the imbalance in the frequency spectrum yet you recommend the D2000 as the first choice?

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 15
he reccomended the dt 770 as first not the dh2000. So you guys think that the DT770 pro 80 is the best? i was also thinking about ultrsones HIFI 580 or maybe even the FA 003

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
he reccomended the dt 770 as first not the dh2000. So you guys think that the DT770 pro 80 is the best? i was also thinking about ultrsones HIFI 580 or maybe even the FA 003

Based on what you already said you liked, you're going to really like the DT770 PRO and the D2000 for your budget. Or, you could get the Panasonic RP-HTF600 (I put them in the same league, regardless of their price).

Very best,

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #9 of 15
AH-D2000 might be a bit out of his price range though, since it's $350ish on Amazon? Couple of mods lying around that're good for it it seems though, so it might be worth the splurge. Definitely drivable with your average portable source. DT770's are definitely a good choice. Just make sure you get the right version, I'm seeing them for about 185 on Amazon.
DT770's at 80ohms though might be best with a small amp. That being said, that just about singles out the Pioneers (again) as the only one with low impedance. I think it's in the 40ohm range?

And if you're thinking about HFi580's...The 780's are actually less on Amazon. About $160, sold by Amazon.com. Might want to note they're more neutral though.

OP is a basshead. ATH-M50 is a studio monitor, not a DJing can. That being said, Pioneers are still definitely the best in looks in my opinion. Just make sure to get it from a trusted seller, as there's a good amount of fakes around.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #13 of 15
If you read up on the DT770 you'll figure out more.

Generally, the "bassiest" of the DT770's is the DT770-80 pro. It looks like this:

Not this:

I'm a fan of bass myself but the DT770-80 was too much for me, I'm much happier with the DT-250-250 and K240MKII, though they're all roughly in the same price range.

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
I wood prefer them to be wood.

Oh, you wood, wood you!  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back