Best Headphone Amp/DAC combos for ~$200
Jan 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Quote:
Well if u change ur mind,u could get the e7 and e9 combo =D

I thought about that too, but it seemed like a bit of a clunky setup for what I'd mainly be using it for (usb dac / headphone amp for laptop). Hopefully the Nuforce turns out to be what I'm hoping for.

The FiiO system kills 2 birds with one stone, its a very nice desktop system and you can take the E7 with you when you leave the house.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
Another amp/dac combo you may want to check out is the Audio-gd nfb12. It might go a tiny bit over your budget with shipping and paypal fees, but since its on special for 200 bucks it seems like a great value. Apparently its pretty small too.

Edit: 

If you're set on the nuforce though and still have some money left over for a portable amp for ipod listening, I'd check out the fiio e7. You can pick it up for around 80 bucks and it really helps out with the ipod. 

I was really interested in the NFB-12... until I noticed it doesn't have an analog in / no way to bypass the internal DAC.  I want something that can do double-duty -- DAC/Amp from a digital source, or Amp only (to boost the output of my Astro Mixamp).  So close, and yet so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back