Best HD800 Upgrade?
Jul 8, 2019 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zotjen

Headphoneus Supremus
It's been ages since I posted here and I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to improve upon the sound of my Sennheiser HD800. Although I'm eventually planning on doing both, which would you do first - replace the ear pads or the stock cable? For the ear pads I'll be picking one of the Dekonis. For the cable, I'm looking at either the Moon Audio Black Dragon or something from C3audio. Other suggestions are welcome.

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 3
It's been ages since I posted here and I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to improve upon the sound of my Sennheiser HD800. Although I'm eventually planning on doing both, which would you do first - replace the ear pads or the stock cable? For the ear pads I'll be picking one of the Dekonis. For the cable, I'm looking at either the Moon Audio Black Dragon or something from C3audio. Other suggestions are welcome.
Depending on what you want to spend, a cable upgrade from Norne can really make your HD 800s better. I have two Draug 3 cables sent to me by Norne. Both of them sounded better than my $600 cable from another vendor. Drag 3 is a nice copper $300 headphone cable. Norne has very nice Silver headphone cables, but I am telling you what I experienced earlier this evening. They wipped the floor with my previous cable. Better more articulate bass, wider soundstage and nice high freques. Tone of voices were more realistic. I am using an HD 800S.
The bitch of it is that I have to pick between the two Draug 3s. It will take me at least two nights, a song at a time. What drudgery!!

Jul 8, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 3
What is your budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back