Best full-sized headphones for trance w/ no price restrictions?
Mar 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

CodyBanks

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!  I'm not a new audiophile and I've had a J3 and XB1000 rig for a while (yes I know, very muddy).  I'm new to these forums and am finally deciding to create different rigs for different EDM genres that I listen to.  I blow enough money on everything else, why not blow some cash on my portable rig?

Anyways, what are your opinions on the best full-sized headphones for trance?  I want to build the ideal rig for trance that would balance nicely with my J3.  Something that would really bring out the really detailed soft mids, detailed punchy bass, really wide atmospherics, and detailed female vocals.  I just want a general good pair of cans for essentially uplifting trance and progressive trance as well as other kinds of music that would communicate well with the previously mentioned needs.  For example, I listen to a lot of Ferry Corsten as well as a lot of underground trance acts that sounds similar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTfGeSJPG0

So with that good amount of information; what are your opinions?  And most of all, no price restrictions!  If there's anymore things I should have asked just let me know!

- Agent Cody Banks

P . L. U. R. <3

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 16
Sennheiser Amperiors or the cheaper HD-25's 

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
Just because we can doesn't means we should. Save your money bro

Get a sennheiser amperior and you're good to go.

Quote:
Sennheiser Amperiors or the cheaper HD-25's 

^oh, very good advice. You'd be fine off with these guys.

I'm afraid of mentioning a certain brand b/c they've been said the be the Bose of the audiophile world and am not sure how they sound exactly.

But w/e, the choice is yours. Ultrasone Signature Pro or Signature DJ. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
^oh, very good advice. You'd be fine off with these guys.

I'm afraid of mentioning a certain brand b/c they've been said the be the Bose of the audiophile world and am not sure how they sound exactly.

But w/e, the choice is yours. Ultrasone Signature Pro or Signature DJ. 

V moda? 

I've read good things about the Sig Dj but a bit pricey. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

V moda? 

I've read good things about the Sig Dj but a bit pricey. 

meh I don't know much about v-moda besides that people think it's overrated and they make phones in the $100-300 range. Was referring to ultrasone. But don't hurt me ): a member said it and 2-3 of them that I know don't like ultrasone for some reason other than they say it sounds bad. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 16
I really would like to explain myself correctly this time: the tendency of spending a lot and suggesting expensive headphones is most of the time unnecessary. Not everyone is a musician/producer/enthusiast/audiophile to really notice the differences or consider them a deal breaker.

I can go on, but again, its up to you.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 16
I own the pro900's and never been disappointed. Some folks don't get used to the sound signature

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #13 of 16
These are all really interesting suggestions.  I've heard the best things about the Ultrasones so far when it comes to EDM.  What exactly is the difference between the Signature DJ and the Signature Pro?  Is the Signature Pro more pro audio refined?

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #14 of 16
Hi

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II have more bass then,
Beyerdynamic DT 1350 (detailed and less bass)

Those are very portables and resistant, Beyer more portable and confortable, Sennheiser the plastic cups and cord... when you walk make a little noise.
No amp necessary, with amp are much better

Still no exist a perfect headphone :p

Cheers

(sorry for my poor english)

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
These are all really interesting suggestions.  I've heard the best things about the Ultrasones so far when it comes to EDM.  What exactly is the difference between the Signature DJ and the Signature Pro?  Is the Signature Pro more pro audio refined?

The DJ's are tuned for more Bass than the Pro's. DJ's have a 50mm driver versus the 40mm driver in the Pros. Based on the frequency charts I've seen it would appear that the DJ's have more extended sub bass than the Pros. There are some in depth comparisons between the two on the site around here somewhere if you search around. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back