Best Floyd Album
Nov 6, 2003 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

welting

Head-Fier
In your opinion, what is the best Pink Floyd Album? I myself am partial to Dark Side of the Moon. Also, does anyone know if Floyd released any live albums?

Nov 6, 2003 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 28
They've got a few live. Here are some of them:

Ummagumma (1 live cd, 1 studio)
Delicate Sound of Thunder
Pulse
Bytes of the Talisman

My favorite is Animals.

Nov 6, 2003 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 28
Delicate Sound of Thunder is two discs and is live.

For me I am really partial to the Final Cut. I just picked up Animals on vinyl for $1 and am beginning to really like it as well.

Nov 6, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 28
Wish You Were Here is my fave....

Dark Side Of the Moon is ok but it can be a little too much at times with all the SFX.

Nov 6, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 28
I gotta admit, i have every floyd album and have never heard of "bytes of the talisman" is this a bootleg, because i know of "delicate sound of thunder" "ummagumma" and "pulse"???

my favorite album is probably "meddle" but it's wayyyyyyy too close to call, they have so much good stuff it's almost impossible to say one of them is my favorite.

although i can say "ummagumma" is my least favorite, what a load of crap the studio part of that album is, other than richard wright's instumental stuff, it's ***** if you ask me.

Nov 6, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 28
yeah, for me, everything from Meddle upto and including Animals just plain rules. even Obscured By Clouds.

that said, Meddle is probably my favourite, just because it's so down-to-earth on side one, and it has the heavenly Echoes on side two.

Nov 6, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #11 of 28
another live one is: Is There Anybody out There? The Wall: Live 1980-1981. probaly their best live album imho.

Nov 7, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 28
My vote is for Wish You Were Here. Between the title track, "Have a Cigar", and "Welcome to the Machine", it's one of the all time greats, IMHO. Animals ranks a close second, then The Wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back