Best flash player for sound quality, nothing else.
Jun 22, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #31 of 63
Try a couple of conversions from AAC lossy and/or lossless to a Fuze-supported format (WMA, MP3) and see if you can tall the difference. Saying that it's a fact that transcoding/conversion automatically will make the tracks sound lousy is just not true. I've down-converted high-bitrate MP3s and WMAs to 192 WMA, and my tin ears can't really tell the difference. It's not a major effort to just try a few. In my view, the original master recording qualitt has much more to do with poor sound than transcoding/converting. I'm sure others will disagree, but only your own listening experience matters. Try it.

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #32 of 63
hmmm that is a good suggestion. I can just rip my cds again whenever I get them back.

Now I just gotta find out what works for Macs...

Thanks again guys... this stuff is confusing, hah.

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #33 of 63
Jun 22, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #34 of 63
you guys are absolutely awesome, thank you so much!! i'm back on track with the fuze then!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #35 of 63
Now that you took your choice you won't listen to this advice, but the JVC flash players, successors of the glorious XA-HD500, should be awesome. As good as Kenwood sound quality in a flash player, with more output power.

Jun 23, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #36 of 63
Thanks for the recommendation, but I think I'll stick with the Fuze for now. The Fuze is just damn sexy.

Should I reconvert to WAV or MP3? It's funny the Fuze works with Mac, bu don't support AAC.

Jun 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus I use my portable on the go, and I don't want any sort of unnatural bulge sticking out of my pants.

Few of us can only DREAM of such an anomaly.
biggrin.gif

And I third(or fourth or fifth or sisxth) the Sansa Clip and/or the Fuze. What great sounding little DAPs.

Jun 23, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #38 of 63
haha

I see that you also have the 3g ipod nano and the other ipods. How do they compare to the sansa clip/fuze?

One more thing, the plug for the Fuze looks awfully similar to the iPod plugs, they are not compatible are they?

Jun 24, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #39 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha

I see that you also have the 3g ipod nano and the other ipods. How do they compare to the sansa clip/fuze?

One more thing, the plug for the Fuze looks awfully similar to the iPod plugs, they are not compatible are they?

First let me say this, my ears could be totally different from yours. That being said, IMO the best sounding player of my bunch is the P2, followed by the Click, then the Rockboxed e260. Further down the line is the Clip, the 3G Nano and last the iTouch. They all have their good and not so good qualities and I love them all. But if I had to pick, this is the order I would choose. For a direct comparison between the Fuze/Clip and the iPod, I would say the Nano and the Clip sound almost equal, with the Clip beating out the Nano on the low end. On certain songs, such as Enya Only Time, the Clip seems to have a wider soundstage with more seperation.

As far as the connector for the Sansas and the iPod, unfortunately they are a totally different beast and are not interchangeable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #40 of 63
Sony Walkman. Wonderful sound.

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #41 of 63
iaudio7
D2
clix2
a few sony models.

these all sound very good. im currently enjoying the D2 i just got but theres mixed views on wether its as strong as the iaudio7 which is usually the benchmark to beat

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #42 of 63
I must opine. I've owned a few flash players -
iaudio - cold
meizu M6 - loved the sound sig - buggy interface
Sansa Fuze - if you like to EQ, this one is as bad as iPod - distortion!
Creative Zen - also quite cold

Recently, I bought one of the new sony DAPS (A728). I really love this one. I was able to compare it side by side with the meizu (which I thought was great) and I give the sony slightly higher marks. I perceive more separation and soundstage with the sony and the EQ is solid - no distortion

If the meizu didn't have some of the bugs (changed song order, touchy controls, etc.), I would have been completely satisfied. The sony just functions better and sounds marvelous. Great design!

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #43 of 63
The new Sony DAPs sound extremely good to my ears.
Dynamic , punchy and very resolving.

If you live anywhere near a stockist (perhaps a local Sony Center) then it is well worth a listen. For overall SQ alone the Sony makes my 5.5g iPod seem pretty 3rd rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back