Best earphones under $30?
Sep 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Anno

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I'll be using them with a portable player most of the time.
Good build quality, comfortable.
I live in Australia also.

Whats the best in this pricerange?

Thanks

Sep 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 8
Knowing how much Marshmallows cost in Australia would be helpful...

Anyway, I'll assume it's somewhere in the $15-30 range. Quite a few good options from low end to high - the search function is your friend for individual reviews:

Soundmagic PL21 / PL30 (focalprice.com)
Meelectronics M9 (Meelec.com, not sure how much postage is)
ViSang R01 (about $31 on ebay)
ECCI PR100 (ebay)

If you're getting marshmallows for the bass, my choice would be the R01, PL21, or M9, depending on final costs for each. If you prefer a more balanced sound the PR100 and PL30, while slightly different, both provide good balance.

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 8
Ok so after some research I was going to get the PL21, PL30, or the M9. But I saw that the Brainwavz M1 is only $30.80 AUD ($29.50 USD) on MP4 nation for a pre order. Similar to the R02s but $10 cheaper? ljokerl, you gave it a reasonably good review so this must be a good deal I assume? Although I have to wait about a month until MP4 nation get more stock but that's ok with me.
Buy it now?

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Ok so after some research I was going to get the PL21, PL30, or the M9. But I saw that the Brainwavz M1 is only $30.80 AUD ($29.50 USD) on MP4 nation for a pre order. Similar to the R02s but $10 cheaper? ljokerl, you gave it a reasonably good review so this must be a good deal I assume? Although I have to wait about a month until MP4 nation get more stock but that's ok with me.
Buy it now?

Yeah that's a great deal but of course not immediately available so I didn't mention it. The M1 is a bit of a departure sound-wise from the R01/R02/R03, being less warm/bassy and more balanced/treble-y. The M1s are my favourite sub-$50 earphones aside from the discontinued Cyclone PR1 Pro.

Quote:
Where did you buy those from, SoulSyde?

The manufacturer's site is www.meelec.com . They ship internationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back