Best Earbuds for Small Ears?
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 28
Wanted to thank everyone for all the quick and helpful replies - much, much appreciated.

Just ordered the JVC Riptidz. I figured for $8, you can't go wrong. Worst case scenario I'm out 8 bucks and can comfortably try another suggestion here. Obviously I'm hoping that's not the case and I'll be sure to come back and drop a quick review.

Thanks again!

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #17 of 28
Mar 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #20 of 28
Thanks again for continuing to reply with suggestions - much appreciated!

The Riptidz I ordered should be here in a few days, I'll check back then for sure.

I should've noted in the title or my first post, I suppose my ears aren't super small (although they are a bit smaller I'd say, not by much) but my canal itself definitely seems to be the problem. Hopefully the smallest eartips that com with the Riptidz fit nicely.

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #21 of 28

Quote:
I can't say for sure, but I think it will. It comes with three different sizes of tips. The smallest tips are very small. With IEMs, what matters is the size of the ear canal, not the size of the outer ear. I don't have the Marshmallows, but do have the JVC Air Cushions which is more expensive than the Marshmallows, and I like the sound quality of the Riptidz better. The Riptidz is the newest of these. It is funny though, as the JVC Air Cushions costs more than double the price of the Riptidz.

Just got the Riptidz in today, haven't worked out with them yet but they fit PERFECT thus far. Even the default ear tips, the fit very comfortably - and they give you 2 other sizes just in case.

So far, so good. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #22 of 28
YW. No comments about the sound?

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 28
I'll follow-up with some more details for sure - I literally just popped them in for a minute or two, but from what I heard (the whole song or so) I was very impressed. For $8 or whatever, you can't beat it, period.

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #24 of 28
If the Riptidz don't work out, I would suggest Klipsch S4i.  You can get them for under $60 which may be more than you wanted to spend, but it is a great value for what you are getting.  Klipsch has oval ear tips which stay in the ear much better when you are moving and being active.  Plus I find the oval tip design does a great job of sealing off outside sound so you get a really immersive musical experience.  It also comes with three different sized ear tips which should help you with your smaller ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #25 of 28
I spent months searching for earbuds for small ears. Every pair I've ever tried have been too big. On forums like this, people say they have small ears and such a brand will fit. Well, they don't. The latest ones I've tried were Sennheisers, Beyerdynamic and Radius Atomic Base, all of which are just huge - nowhere near the size I need. Today I bought some Phonak PFE 012s (£65 new) and they're perfect. The first ever pair of earbuds that have fit my ears. Sound is good, they can pick up the low frequencies (using ipod nano, sansa clip or various Blackberrys (!)). Treble is crisp and clear and they are very responsive. Although I've not been able to put others in my ears to actually compare them, they are apparently just beaten by the Beyerdynamic 80s but it's close.
The part of the earbud where the rubber 'bud' clips on is about half the size on the Phonaks than on other brands. If it weren't for these, the only ones that would have gone into my head would have to be Klipsch at twice the price. So now you know. When I say I have small ears, I mean it. My months of research has boiled it down to those two brands.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #27 of 28
I tried the Riptidz and while they are a better fit than others I've tried, they still don't stay in my tiny right ear canal very well. I was also disappointed in the lack of good bass sound. They work well for TV shows, though, I can hear the dialog well and they are pretty good at blocking background noise. For the price, it is worth a try. I paid $3.50 + $2.98 s/h on Amazon.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #28 of 28
Reviving this thread, any other options out there? I've purchased Sony Hybrids, Comply tips, SpinFit extra small, MEElectonic and a few other less known brands, all of them are still too big. The only tips I ever found remotely conformable, were the small tips from  Panasonic RPHJE120K, cheapest IEMs ever, currently selling for $5. Damn things had the best silicone rubber I've seen, no wonder they are sitting at 5 stars from 25.000 reviews.
Today I just lost those tips, I could purchase another pair of Panasonics just for the small tips and toss away the IEMs, the full pack will still be cheaper than most other tips I've purchased, but i was wondering if anyone found something better for really small ears.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back