Best dealer experience ever!
Sep 10, 2003 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wab

500+ Head-Fier
I saw an add from a local dealer who had some Beyerdynamic phones on sale. I called him up and made an appointment for last monday 8pm. When I got there the guy had set up a comfy chair for me alongside a rack with a Unison Research CDP and a Myriad pre-amp (which appeared to have a very sweet headphonejack). He brought me something to drink and then left! So there I was all alone surrounded by all this expensive (mostly Italian) equipment. Pretty cool if you ask me. I listened for about an hour, the guy came in a few times to check up on me and to talk a bit about the equipment and the music I brought. After this very nice listening session I decided on the DT770's. Afterwards we talked for 45 mins and when I left it was almost 10pm.
Best service ever!

Sep 10, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Unless he sells out of his house you should post where you got them!

Sep 10, 2003 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Oh wow, that sounds better than a day at the spa.
Where is this???

Sep 11, 2003 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 6
That's better than at my experience at Audio Connection (is near me), they used to just sit around the cash register and drink coffee all day, I haven't been there in a year or so, so I can't comment now, but it was awesome, you could knock speakers off the shelf/stands with subs and they wouldn't mind
biggrin.gif
...well, to a certain extent (B&W Nautilus 805...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back