Radiohead - OK Computer

Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Freak Out

The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band

Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #35 of 63
I have to restate two albums previously mentioned in this thread that deserve a little more mention:

Pink Floyd's The Wall is arguably one of the most cohesive stories in rock. The Wall was conceptualized from the start as an album, a concert stageshow and a movie. So massive was the project that the music had to be rewritten (plus rerecorded for the album and movie) three times to fit each medium. Regardless of the internal strife the band had at the time, the results were amazing. To this day, I believe that The Wall is one of the best produced albums of all time.

Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime really opened the doors for metal bands to be taken seriously and not just a bunch of noise. Not to mention it's a great storyline and very well produced. Bands such as Tool, Opeth and Porcupine Tree owe a debt of gratitude to Queensryche.

Ross

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #37 of 63
Not cause I believe it in the least, but

Savatage - edge of thorns

best album to break up with your girlfriend cause she does things for money, but you still like her (that part I believe)

It's their only arguably great album, hooky as hell, kinda mean. Doesn't belong in this company but deserves a peek.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #39 of 63
Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club - Beatles
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Tommy - The Who
American Idiot - Greenday

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #40 of 63
Was wondering when someone was gonna mention Dark Side of the Moon, lol... can't believe we got to page 3.

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #41 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNovice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was wondering when someone was gonna mention Dark Side of the Moon, lol... can't believe we got to page 3.

Amen to that! For me, next to only Sgt. Pepper, Dark Side is not only the second best concept album, it is the second best album...period (next to Sgt. Pepper...again).
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #42 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amen to that! For me, next to only Sgt. Pepper, Dark Side is not only the second best concept album, it is the second best album...period (next to Sgt. Pepper...again).
tongue_smile.gif

Every Pink Floyd album from DSotM to The Division Bell is a concept album.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #45 of 63
Dark Side still blows my mind every time I listen to it. Greatest single album I've ever heard. Concept or progressive or not. They reached, in my mind, an almost unmatched level of musicianship on that record. It's wonderfully depressing, lol. The low quiet moments... the frantic high moments... And I would say two of my favorite guitar solos, but hell I'll just say it... my two favorite guitar solos of all time are on that record... Time and Money. Gilmour is amazing.

Hell, I still wear my t-shirt all the time, lol.

41LFCEFwhxL._SS500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back