best closed headphones for mp3 players???
Dec 15, 2011 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hamoor

Head-Fier
hello everyone.
biggrin.gif

am planning on getting cowon j3 and am looking for a good headphone to go with it.
ive already got hd650 for my in-house listening sessions but i want something closed for use on buses, universtity etc. that can be driven by the cowon and the e7 if needed.

a headphone with good isolation and little to no sound leak as much as possible.
something suited for pop/hip hop songs.
about the price i want best money for value as i only will use it on the cowon j3 but i wont mind paying extra if it worth it
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 11
Hello, 

How much do you like bass? you want strong bass response? 

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 11
ever considered the HD-25 I II? isolation is the best among closed phones, and bass is punchy. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 11
Based on the size of the headphone. They do have different sound signatures and I would expect the D2000 to have more overall sound quality, 

Quote:
based on size of the headphones or regarding sq??

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 11
I heartily second Sennheisers's HD 25-1 II 'phones for portable use, particularly since you own a nice set of Senns for home use. I chose the HD 25 a few weeks ago after a dismal time auditioning headphones specifically geared toward portable listening (my review is on the site now). Sound quality to my ears is really good, with tight, articulate bass that goes satisfyingly deep, with proper mid- and HF response for extended, and attentive, listening. All wrapped up in a rugged, non-attention-getting package (just the way I prefer for listening on the train or the like). And, yes, terrific isolation.

- Barrett

Jan 1, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #11 of 11
I had the HD-25ll 10 years ago.... and today I'll recommend the GMP 8.35, here more info: http://www.head-fi.org/t/406658/the-german-maestro-gmp-8-35-d-monitor-in-the-studio-serious-about-audio-indeed/345

Users who are viewing this thread

Back