Best closed headphones for a wide range of genres
Oct 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pfrog

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of closed headphones to use around everywhere, I would like them to flatten, but it is not a requirement, i normally wear them around my neck to keep them safe. I listen to almost all genres, from heavy metal to rap to jazz, to classical, and would like something to fit this. Specifically I would like them a bit bass heavy, but not bass head bad, just enough to make them fairly pronounced, and clear, bright mids and highs. Im running on a budget of about $200. I normally listen to music on my iPod touch 2g with Panasonic RPHXT7's, and I'm looking to upgrade. 

So, Any suggestion's head-fi'ers?

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 3
Probably the Audio Technica M50s.  They're about the cheapest good quality closed 'phone I know of.  They come in well under your budget, but anything detectably better will be on the borderline and then will need an amp to go with it as well.

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Something like the Shure SRH440 would be more balanced and something like the Beyerdynamic DT250 would be on a whole other level, but if you want something with pronounced bass under $200, the M50 would be what your looking for. I don't know if I'd like the M50 as all rounders though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back