Best closed back with iDSD Micro Signature?
Mar 23, 2023 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

burtlake

New Head-Fier
Hi - longtime audio fan and til now only a casual headphone user. I picked up an iFi Micro Signature and HD-6xx as my semi portable system as I use it inside and out on the deck at a vacation house where I don’t have a proper listening room. Sounds good but feel I’m missing something (also since learned that Senns like tubes for best synergy) and may want to move to closed back. Genres include Americana/Acoustic, Jazz and Classical. Hoping to stay under $500 - considering Dan Clark Closed X… open to other ideas. Thanks!

Mar 23, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #2 of 3
If you like a more balanced sound signature, the Denon D5200, Fostex TH610 or TR-X00 Ebony. Of those, the Denon is my personal preference. If you want v-shaped, the Emu Teak or TR-X00 Mahogany. Teak is my preference of these two.

There's also the D7200 but that's one you should really hear before blind buying. Low end is impactful, yet detailed, but they're overall a little dark sounding... sort of like an AudioQuest Nighthawk.

There are other options from Focal, Hifiman, DCA, etc. but I prefer everything above to those.

All of these are in your budget if you're ok with buying used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back