Best clip-ons: Yuin G1A, ATH-EW9, KSC-35km, modded KSC-35, Yuin G2A, MDR-Q68LW, DIY Grado clip-ons, KSC-75
May 17, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #16 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw, you'll have to sell me your ultramodded ksc35, or at least make me another, hahaha.
biggrin.gif

Are you serious? It would cost you almost the same to G1A.

May 17, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 177
THANK YOU so much for posting this thread. I was thinking about getting some Yuin Buds for home use but after reading this, I'll save a couple of bucks and get something so much better: Yuin G1A.

May 18, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THANK YOU so much for posting this thread. I was thinking about getting some Yuin Buds for home use but after reading this, I'll save a couple of bucks and get something so much better: Yuin G1A.

And here's the headband that you can get for it for more versatility. From what I've read, the G1s clip perfectly onto it.
icon10.gif

May 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #20 of 177
I thought KSC35 was already discontinued. But today I could find them in Koss website. You guys might already be knowing it.. but still wanted to share this with you.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^sc^KSC35

May 24, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #23 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought KSC35 was already discontinued. But today I could find them in Koss website. You guys might already be knowing it.. but still wanted to share this with you.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^sc^KSC35

Koss brought these back 1-2 years ago, I think based on the reputation they had attained in the headphone community and on people asking for them to be brought back.

May 25, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #24 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Schu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As with your other reviews, excellent job. Considering the price of each (stock) and the sound quality, which one of these would you say offers the best value?

G2A has the best value/price ratio to me.

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #28 of 177
kostalex, just a quick Q: is G1 a previous model to G1A, or are they the same? I just bought G1, thinking it was G1A, then saw Tony's review last year of G1, but no A suffix.

Thanks for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit\ They haven't arrived yet, so I can't check against your pics - but that shows inscription as G1.

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #30 of 177
G1 is a predecessor, it sounds brighter, colder and leaner. Both have the same "G1" prints on the back plate, so it is better to differ them by the grill. Take off the foam:
  1. If you see the driver diaphragm through the grill, then it is G1.
  2. If grill is covered by black fabric, then it is G1A.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kostalex, just a quick Q: is G1 a previous model to G1A, or are they the same? I just bought G1, thinking it was G1A, then saw Tony's review last year of G1, but no A suffix.

Thanks for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit\ They haven't arrived yet, so I can't check against your pics - but that shows inscription as G1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back