Best classical recordings...ever!
Jan 31, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #7,531 of 9,368
In a forum some one told they wont withstand 8 CDs of Harpsichord music (multi-genre lover i think or rock mostly) would you fellow classical lovers of this forum, withstand 8 CDs of Harpsichord music (be it handel or Bach)?

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #7,532 of 9,368
  In a forum some one told they wont withstand 8 CDs of Harpsichord music (multi-genre lover i think or rock mostly) would you fellow classical lovers of this forum, withstand 8 CDs of Harpsichord music (be it handel or Bach)?

Why not? I don't think I will be able to listen to more than 1 CD in one sitting though if it's the harpsichord.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #7,534 of 9,368
Assuming I had the time, I could withstand upwards of 8 hours of harpsichord.  After awhile it will just turn into background noise.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #7,535 of 9,368
The Nazis seemed to have "adopted" composers whose music and image conformed to their "model" of Nordic/Aryan purity. Kinda weird, as I don't believe Wagner was "pure" of race. Mozart -- who knows? (Interestingly, the swastika is a Buddhist symbol....).

And poor old Bruckner, H's favourite composer, was hardly anti-semitic. Neither was Sibelius, who was "adopted" by the Nazis as a shining example of Nordic virility but felt distinctly uncomfortable about it. I wonder how Carl Nielsen would have behaved towards the Nazis? My guess is that he would have resisted their advances

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #7,536 of 9,368
  Assuming I had the time, I could withstand upwards of 8 hours of harpsichord.  After awhile it will just turn into background noise.

I can lsiten to 8 CDs of harpsichord but it depends on the recording/mastering quality, if it's darn good mastered/recorded then i listen to as many as i can, but if it's poor quality i do alternate with another stuff

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #7,539 of 9,368
And poor old Bruckner, H's favourite composer, was hardly anti-semitic. Neither was Sibelius, who was "adopted" by the Nazis as a shining example of Nordic virility but felt distinctly uncomfortable about it. I wonder how Carl Nielsen would have behaved towards the Nazis? My guess is that he would have resisted their advances

Leni Riefenstahl. Not a musician. Her film, Olympiad set the bar for sports photography decades later. And of course, Triumph of the Will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back