Best clarity for $50 or under?
Jun 21, 2010 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

patthebaker17

New Head-Fier
i lost my nuforce ne 7m. a long time ago. and now i want new earphones.
i would want the nuforce's again but i wanna see something different this time.

i listen to everything. from hip hop, rock, electronic.
sooo i basically want clarity. clarity of the instrument, bass, and voice.
i love having tight bass in my earphones and very detailed high's
i dont mind eq'ing since i have a cowon s9.
sooo. please give me some suggestions.
ive already looked into senn 300 II, Re2, and some denons. but im not sure. and i want your opinions.
please and thank you :)

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 8
For what you seem to be after, my pick would be the Mp4nation Brainwavz M1, followed by the Maximo iM-590 and then the apple dual-driver IEMs. The RE2 have very good clarity as well, especially in the midrange, but they are too rolled off at the low end.

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 8
i checked out the brainwaves and they have some great reviews. loving the cable but is it actually durable?
i couldnt find too much on the clarity but can anyone confirm that has a pair?

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 8
Well.. I have a pair and I think the clarity is on at least on par with anything else in the price range, including the armature-based Apple dual-drivers. The cable is sturdy. If any problems occur they will be at the cable termination points (as usual) and not with the cable itself. 

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 8
^ Right, the Classicals too. Didn't want to say anything lest it would be considered skewed by self-interest (selling them, etc). Astonishing clarity though i don't think a new set can be imported for less than $50. Mine cost me about $60 after conversion.

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 8
You definitely can't get them outside of importing them which I found odd as the US is a huge market. I probably would have picked them up a while ago if I didn't have to import them here and well if I was in the market for an under $100 earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back