Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s??
Mar 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #31 of 53
Quote:
So I have had the LCD-2s for a few days now and i have to say a lot of things people have been spewing at me about how i can get cans with very similar audio graphs for way less and LCD-2s are riding on quite a bit of bloat and bla bla bla, I realized that you can only go so far based on graphs... so far all the so called competitors on a budget I have compared side by side and what I got out of it was that you cant go your whole life thinking you can have it all figured out by data and graphs. The LCD-2s are worth every penny. There are too many variables to consider like how the cans sit on your head and suit your needs as far as grasp and weight and other things, Plllllluuuuss, the fact that every LCD-2 can come a bit different from its siblings, kind of like twins looking the same... but kinda different....     you know what I mean
o2smile.gif

unless you bite the bullet and actually have them to compare do'nt ever dare tell people they are wasting their money because you really have to try it before you judge it. Right?? makes sense

My graph has a little more sparkle, (I think) than the usual pair of LCD-2s from that I have seen. The highs are completely present thus less "dark" of a sound. I could not have hoped for a better result from these headphones! Next stop. AMP!
It's surprising how little of a frequency loss there is when not using an AMP mostly you lose power is all and even then its loud enough to block most outside sound, which by the way, reminds me that saying that the LCD-2s are not for mobile use bla bla bla, every sound in the world will ruin my music experience bla bla bla, YOU HAVE NOT OWNED A PAIR OF THESE OBVIOUSLY! lol
As far as them being opene backed, they dont leak nearly as much noise as quincey jones's or dt880's and especially not NEARLY as much as he-400/h-6's, again thanks for the misleading speculation people lol.

glad you like it, though i dont think anyone will be using the lcd2 without an amp...

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #32 of 53
Yeah I know what you mean. An amp is paramount for listening to any music with any headphones lol! I just had to be that guy who bought the headphones before an amp. So I'm mooching for now.

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #33 of 53
oh, i would think that people who buy the lcd2 usually has other headphones before he buys the lcd2, so they would already have amps, even if they are not high end amps lol. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #34 of 53
I have access to one at any given moment the guy in the room next to me has some. im just being lazy about getting one. well more like over worked to the point where I neglect a lot of things. like 60 hours or so a week lately... but I got rid of one of my jobs to free up my life.

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #35 of 53
Quote:
I have access to one at any given moment the guy in the room next to me has some. im just being lazy about getting one. well more like over worked to the point where I neglect a lot of things. like 60 hours or so a week lately... but I got rid of one of my jobs to free up my life.

got rid of one of your jobs and being on head-fi? not sure if this is good for your wallet 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #38 of 53
Quote:
I chose Headstage Arrow for my portable amp, it is the best all around for me size and performance.  I've got it taped to the back of my iphone 4.

Have you used an Arrow with any Orthos? He-400's and up?

Thanks,

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #41 of 53
I am borrowing one and buying one ASAP. For my Mobil use I have a fiio e7 to tie me over lol I wasn't very clear I plan on the magni/modi. Did you see the April fools Mobil amp they wer advertising??? Hahaha

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #44 of 53
In theory you should try to find an amp with at neutral to bright sound(I would prefer a neutral) and a good soundstage. I'm not one to think that you need super powerfull(balanced) amps to drive it. Right now I'm using the Ibasso D7 with a pair of modded Fostex T50rp which have a sensitivity around the LCD-2's and I'm using low gain and I have the volumeknob at 10 o'clock.

Sometimes this combination gets a bit dark, so I'm looking for something to replace it that has better synergy and better technical abilities, and I guess the same amp/dac would be preferable for the LCD-2's.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #45 of 53
Quote:
I am borrowing one and buying one ASAP. For my Mobil use I have a fiio e7 to tie me over lol I wasn't very clear I plan on the magni/modi. Did you see the April fools Mobil amp they wer advertising??? Hahaha

lol thats ok, i havent heard of the april fools amp, and how about dac? you got a good dac already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back