Best carpet cleaning liquid or solution for urine on carpet?
Oct 24, 2007 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Ham Radio Nut

100+ Head-Fier
Let me explain. Our 2 year old is in the middle of being 'potty trained', and although she does use her potty HALF the time, it's the other times that have wreaked havoc on our bedroom carpets. We got this Bissell carpet cleaning machine, but we can't seem to find a good, effective carpet cleaning solution that will 'neutralize' or eliminate human pee-pee odors.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Radio Nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me explain. Our 2 year old is in the middle of being 'potty trained', and although she does use her potty HALF the time, it's the other times that have wreaked havoc on our bedroom carpets. We got this Bissell carpet cleaning machine, but we can't seem to find a good, effective carpet cleaning solution that will 'neutralize' or eliminate human pee-pee odors.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

ARM & HAMMER® OXY-STRENGTH™ Pet Odor & Stain Eliminator

Get the stuff in the spray bottle. Works great!!!!

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #8 of 18
OdoBan beats em' all (and I have tried all of cleaners and deodorizers). Available at Walmart for under three dollars. Also, it kills 99.99% of germs. Believe me, I live with two Rottweilers. Also, OdoBan is NOT a masking agent.

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #9 of 18
Nature's Miracle.

I use it straight up, undiluted in the SpotBot.

Edwood_Mojito_and_SpotBot_01.jpg

I spend so much time cleaning up after our dog as it is. I have to look foward to my daughter peeing all over the place too?
frown.gif

-Ed

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 18
I would try the enzyme based cleaners from the pet store. I found that oxyclean works well for stains, but its not a great deodorizer.

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #13 of 18
Ham_Radio & Edwood... theres security in numbers. Have comfort, knowing that all around the world there are kids pissing on floors and driving their parents nuts.

Its flu season again... ARGH. Do these cleaners work well on puke? Is cat puke the same as kid puke? (that stomach acid/bile is some nasty crap, IMHO far worse than urine)

Suggestion: Pull ups till' they get it. We tried training my son "commando-style"... Didn't work, just made more work for us. We finally just gave up and 3-4 months later he just taught himself in 5-6 days.

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to look foward to my daughter peeing all over the place too?
frown.gif

-Ed

Absolutely. Why should you be exempt? Thankfully we have polished floorboards. As well the 3 1/2 YO has just about stopped with the "accidents". But I have a 6 week old boy. It will be his turn soon enough. He has already given the floor a good hosing a few times when we have had him up on the change table, changing his nappy. Can't wait!
blink.gif

cheers
Simon

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #15 of 18
Yikes! Our 3-yr old daughter, who isn't perfect by any means, had exactly zero accidents when we toilet trained her last year. It never occurred to me that this stuff could happen. Now I'm terrified about eventually potty training our 4-month old.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back