best buy in ear 200$
May 26, 2014 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Frafra91

New Head-Fier
hi all, i am a new member of this fantastic forum and i want ask a question for you audiophile expert.
I want an in ear headphones for my ultrabook samsung ativ book 9 2014 ed. with DAC PC-Fi Wolfson WM5102 24bit/192kHz integrated in audio card. I use foobar2000 with wasapi driver and i listen music 16/24bit at 96/192khz, file flac lossless.
I listen all  of types of music, rock, metal, pop, hip pop, drum and bass, ecc.
Reading this article:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-200-in-ear-headphones/

i wanted to buy the RBH Sound EP2, but i have read in this forum that these headphones are not the best ,  then, which i take??

thank all

May 27, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Look at Audeo Pfe122.  I have them and they are awesome.  Very comfortable and clean sound.  I also have the DN-1000 but they are not very comfortable for me and the sound is OK.  I prefer the PFE 122. 

Stay away from Westone ADV if you are at all considering them.  I have them as well and the sound is very dark.  They are, however, very nicely built and comfortable.

Just my 2 cents.  Good luck! 

May 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #5 of 7
thank you for the reply. speaking only of sound quality, which of the two IEM is better?(pfe 122 Vs dn1000).
Dunu have a audio quality similar  at akg k3003 that cost 1300$.

May 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 7
  thank you for the reply. speaking only of sound quality, which of the two IEM is better?(pfe 122 Vs dn1000).
Dunu have a audio quality similar  at akg k3003 that cost 1300$.

I know lot of people like the DN-1000 and they are not bad.  They both have a different sound signature and as with IEMs and music, it depends on your taste.  My music varies just like yours so I do end up switching IEMs based on my music for the day.  I prefer the PFE122 as I don't get tired of listening to them for hours.  I feel like my ears need to rest after listening to the DN1k for couple of hours.  I don't think you'll be unhappy with either as they are both very good IEMs.  And if you are like me, you'll get the itch to buy another pair soon after this one.  

Earphonesolution is discounting Audeo as well - use code SLICKDEALAUD for 25% off.

Oh, and I also like the filters for the Audeo - they change the sound sig based on the filter.  I prefer the gray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back