Best bassboost amps in 120$ range?
Aug 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gaspir324

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered my XB1000s which should arrive in 2 weeks. I want to get the most of it so I would like to know my choices. I've been looking iBasso T3/4 and digiZoid ZO (I'd wait for the 2nd gen). I really like the 32 levels of boost in ZO and I was wondering will iBassos be able to match it/overcome it?

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 7
The XB1000 doesn't really need bass boost, LOL but if you are trying to get something to sound like the "Wall of Bass" effect you get at the Monster Beats Kiosks, you'll need something more than a $100 amp. The Marantz 1090, for instance, is an integrated power amp that can achieve that effect with the XB700. Haven't had the chance to test it with the XB1000 yet.

The T3 isn't that bassy. The E7 is a much bassier amp optoin with its bass boost, as is the E11. The E11 is the bassier of the two.  My fave bassy amp outside of the Marantz is the C&C X02, which has the absolute best bass in any amp under $300, portable or not.

Well, I don't know, I haven't had the chance to compare the Zo with my own two ears, but according to reports from someone who does ahve both the Zo and the X02, the X02 is far superior (also costs about twice as much, a bit more actually).

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm looking to get this conversation with my friends:
- What happened? You look like someone beated you... to your ears??
- Nah I just listened some music
As for C&C XO2 I can't get it shipped here and it is bit pricey so ZO would be the best for my needs or...?

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #4 of 7
Aug 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I had read that article before but wanted to be sure that there wouldn't be better amp in my price range.

Well you said you would wait for ZO v2 though and no1 has heard that yet and we can't be 100% sure it would sound the same but at least ZO v1 has great sound quality and bass boost functionality for the price. I don't seem to be the only person who would value the product in SQ as a portable amp, more in the 150~$200 segment or so than a 80~$100 product. The price/performance ratio is outstanding.

Aug 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes but I had only heard about ZO and FiiO's E-series and nothing else so wanted to be sure. And MixMozie said it sounds fantastic (if you take out the selling speech I assume it will sound great).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back