Best Amp for an M-DAC
Mar 2, 2007 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Bass_Luvr

New Head-Fier
Some people from the computer source forum reffered me to ask amp questions here. So I'm starting my first setup, but I plan to not be cheap and have a great experience
basshead.gif
. So far I already plan to or already have a:

Source: Desktop, Foobar with KS or ASIO, (WAV or FLAC)
Phones: Sennheiser HD650 with the cardas cable upgrade
DAC : HeadRoom Micro DAC via Hi-Grade USB

So all I need to decide is which Amp would work best with this setup. I'm looking for the best Amp, either a tube or solid-state amp, at a price range of around or below $300. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
icon10.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 10
Ehh both those AMPs aren't compatible with the M-DAC
plainface.gif
. I've heard some things about the CKKIII, is this amp good and is it compatible with my DAC?

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 10
I'm a big fool
rolleyes.gif
I followed my little cousin's word over yours
frown.gif
sorry guy. I'm guessing the Gilmore Lite is better than the OBH-21 and CKKIII by the way you defended it, no?
plainface.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass_Luvr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a big fool
rolleyes.gif
I followed my little cousin's word over yours
frown.gif
sorry guy. I'm guessing the Gilmore Lite is better than the OBH-21 and CKKIII by the way you defended it, no?
plainface.gif

The Gilmore Lite is a comparatively forward-sounding amp to the Creek OBH-21 (which in turn has a tighter bass response - good for controlling the HD-650 bass). Both are excellent partners for the HD-650.

Cheers!

p.s. My opinion of the Gilmore Lite is with the DPS in use. I'm sure it won't be that much worse off with the standard PSU. I have never heard of and heard the CKKIII.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
The OBH-21 has a tighter bass response (which is good IMO, but can be perceived as 'lacking some bass' by those used to volumes of bass). Both Headamp and Creek amps do bass nicely, if fairly differently.

Cheers!

Hi all,
I'm planning on running an M-DAC with Creek Destiny integrated, anyone use this setup or have any input.  The creek sound is so clean and midrange so smooth I'd think it would be hard to go wrong with it (I'm currently using an HRT Streamer II and its WOW but only USB in).

Thanks,
Cory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back