Best Album of 1975
Oct 7, 2012 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
I guess I don't want to admit it, but it was Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John.

Just listen to "Bitter Fingers" or "Meal Ticket."

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 18
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Queen - Night at the Opera

Both 1975 releases I think.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Queen - Night at the Opera

Both 1975 releases I think.

Excellent answer.

You changed my mind.

I vote for "Wish You Were Here" too, although strangely, Elton occasionally rocked harder than Floyd.

While I like "A Night At The Opera," I don't think it really compares.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Excellent answer.

You changed my mind.

I vote for "Wish You Were Here" too, although strangely, Elton occasionally rocked harder than Floyd.

While I like "A Night At The Opera," I don't think it really compares.

Don't worry - I'd put WYWH above ANATO as well.  But  thought I'd put both of them up there - especially as ANATO had "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "You're My Best Friend" 
biggrin.gif

This is a good link with '75 releases (scroll down the page) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_in_music

Amazing how many superlative releases were in that year alone - more staggering if you go right through the 70's and early 80's.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 18
When I was 19, it was a very good year (by the looks of my collection). Music was at it's zenith in my life and almost every album that came out was thrilling. The move from pop to different subgenre of rock was huge.

I like my Pink Floyd so I'm going with WYWH as well, followed by Crisis, What Crisis, Toys in the Attic, Montross, Fleetwood Mac.

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Don't worry - I'd put WYWH above ANATO as well.  But  thought I'd put both of them up there - especially as ANATO had "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "You're My Best Friend" 
biggrin.gif

This is a good link with '75 releases (scroll down the page) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_in_music

Amazing how many superlative releases were in that year alone - more staggering if you go right through the 70's and early 80's.

Alright, I was wrong again! 
biggrin.gif

My favorite was probably "Blood On The Tracks," and "Born To Run" is definitely up there too! I just can't make up my mind, lol.

You're right, it was just an unbelievable year for music! 
smile.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 18
Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti" for me.

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 18

I can't think of anything that comes even close to this.

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 18
Definitely Mothership by Parliament/Funkadelic. There's a live video from sround that time with Sly and the Family Stone that is one of the best concerts ever captured on film. Back in 1975 I was listening to Wish You Were Here and Another Green World and Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. I should have been listening to funk.

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #12 of 18
Thanks ya'll. So many absolutely great suggestions!

I don't know if it ever gets better than 1975!

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #13 of 18
Definitely Mothership by Parliament/Funkadelic. There's a live video from sround that time with Sly and the Family Stone that is one of the best concerts ever captured on film. Back in 1975 I was listening to Wish You Were Here and Another Green World and Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. I should have been listening to funk.
Bootsy is still a character in Cincinnati and we always get a taste of the funk in commercials and appearances.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #14 of 18
Wish You Were Here By Pink Floyd was my favorite album of that year but I would give two shouts out for Springsteen's "Born To Run" and "Venus and Mars" by Wings.  "V&M" is my favorite McCartney album after "Ram" and "Band On The Run".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back