Best 10 dollars earbuds?
Mar 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #16 of 43
Well I believe he was referring to the SHE3580s.. But your right there as well the MP8320 also has better bass over the TF10s. The TF10s will have better everything else but for bass. I only wish the TF10s had the bass end of the SHE3580..

It is funny to me that people think TF10 has big bass. I would rate the bass on the TF10 as neutral at best.. Everyone that reads this you want proper bass and can afford $10. Get yourself a Philips SHE3580 and hear for yourself.. Now that is proper bass. All I can say is not too many headphones/earphones reach 15hz. The SHE3580 does. Dynamic bass on the cheap.  The MP8320 overall does have the better SQ but for bass guys try a SHE3580. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #17 of 43

Quote:
The MP8320 sound nothing like a sub $10 earphone. Nothing close. Throw them on a small amp and I guarantee you. They will leave you slack jawed.
Try out a Philips SHE3580 as well. Both are excellent cheapos. The bass end on the SHE3580 is some of the best quality you will ever hear on anything.

I second the SHE3850's.  I am in love these.  I just wish there were less microphonics, but for under $10, best out there.

I must say, I cant stand the cable on the MP8320.  I spend more time untangling it than anything else....
triportsad.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #18 of 43
Ya it is unfortunate. About the cable on the MP8320 and the SHE3580. Hey after all they are both cheap for a reason. But I would rather put up with a tangle or a microphonic cord to have good sound rather than have crappy sound and have a good cord..

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #19 of 43

Quote:
Well I believe he was referring to the SHE3580s.. But your right there as well the MP8320 also has better bass over the TF10s. The TF10s will have better everything else but for bass. I only wish the TF10s had the bass end of the SHE3580..

It is funny to me that people think TF10 has big bass. I would rate the bass on the TF10 as neutral at best.. Everyone that reads this you want proper bass and can afford $10. Get yourself a Philips SHE3580 and hear for yourself.. Now that is proper bass. All I can say is not too many headphones/earphones reach 15hz. The SHE3580 does. Dynamic bass on the cheap.  The MP8320 overall does have the better SQ but for bass guys try a SHE3580. 

i always found the bass of my tf10 to be impressive (well i use my hf 5 as my main portable iem, maybe thats why)... i guess i really have to spend 10 dollars on the she3580 now... if the bass is really that good, i would definitely thank you for the recommendation 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 43
Oh yea they will surprise you for being cheap. It is hard to imagine that something so cheap will have some of the best bass in quality and quantity you will hear. But that is in fact the case. The thing is they actually sound proper too. Somewhat V shape sound but clarity is good and nothing is missing in the sound signature. Very likeable sound on them.  I know they have surprised many a headfiers on the TT isurus SHE3580 thread.

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #23 of 43
I just got a TF10 and did some comparisons. The sound staging and instrument separation is where the TF10s are good..Wait till you hear the bass end on these little SHE3580. Compared to my dynamics the TF10 bass is neutral at best.. They are ample in bass, but no where near a bass heavy dynamic however.

Now I understand why there are customs with BAs for mids and highs and a dynamic for bass. That makes complete sense to me.

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #24 of 43
also have you tried the skullcandy inkd? i know skullcandy isnt that popular of a brand over here but the inkd is not bad for 10 dollars neither. and for the bass, theres plenty of them. the mids are ok for the price. the worst con for them is probably the harsh treble and sometimes even harsh for high mid (at least to me, listened to the song ave maria by celine dion for proof). 

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #25 of 43
No hate involved but I have never in my life wanted to try a skull candy product. I was just never curious about anything those guys ever came out with. I suppose I should try them but coming from something like a Mp8320.. I went through dozens of cheapos and so far in the sub $10 category it is the MP8320 and SHE3580 are clear winners..The truth is there are way more bad sounding cheapos than good..After owning great sounding stuff it is hard to hear sub par clarity and earphones that have plasticy sound. I suppose I am forever looking for the ones that will beat these 2 in what they do but so far I simply haven't found it. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #26 of 43

Quote:
No hate involved but I have never in my life wanted to try a skull candy product. I was just never curious about anything those guys ever came out with. I suppose I should try them but coming from something like a Mp8320.. I went through dozens of cheapos and so far in the sub $10 category it is the MP8320 and SHE3580 are clear winners..The truth is there are way more bad sounding cheapos than good..After owning great sounding stuff it is hard to hear sub par clarity and earphones that have plasticy sound. I suppose I am forever looking for the ones that will beat these 2 in what they do but so far I simply haven't found it. 

i know what you mean, im using beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohms at home and i dont really wanna go down to 10 dollars earbuds neither, what gets me to listen to the sub $10 category headphones/iems is just my curiosity for finding out how good the best 10 dollars items can sound

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #27 of 43
Well I can tell you. With out a doubt in my mind. You will not find a better sounding earphone in the sub $10 category than a MP8320.. These are gonna surprise.

Now the only issue with them is they do need better tips. The tips they provide is a one size fit all flimsy medium piece. And another catch. These have huge 14.2 mm drivers and guys with medium to large ears are ok with their fit. It is the smaller ear guys that will have issue and good fit is absolutely important for good sound out of these.. So that is the catch on these.. I use Sony hybrids on them and they are perfect with Sony hybrids but that is an extra $7 or so to get them..

Worth it imo. Now if you just want to try a good sounding cheapo with no fit issues the SHE3580 will do that.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #28 of 43

Quote:
same thing with e818, plenty of bass, i didnt hear distortion tho, clarity is pretty good tho beaten by my etymotic research hf 5 when i a/b them (of course, big price gap), ill see about the jvc and the monoprice. and for iems, i also heard some very good things about meelectronics, their iems look pretty nice for the price, i dont own any product from them so i wont comment on the sound.

Perhaps you might listen at  low volumes? At very low volume the distortion on the E828 is barely noticeable to me, but even at medium volume I hear a bit of distortion in the lower frequencies. At louder volumes, the distortion is very obvious. An earphone under $10 can't be perfect. I still say the sound on the JVC Riptidz IEM is much better than the Sony E828.

In this thread, the Riptidz is said to sound much better than the Meelectronics M6 and M9.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68432

The Meelectronics A151, CW31, M21, and CX21 have interesting reviews. I might buy one or more of those. The reviews I read on the M6 and M9, and other cheaper Meelctronics models don't thrill me though.

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #29 of 43

Quote:
Perhaps you might listen at  low volumes? At very low volume the distortion on the E828 is barely noticeable to me, but even at medium volume I hear a bit of distortion in the lower frequencies. At louder volumes, the distortion is very obvious. An earphone under $10 can't be perfect. I still say the sound on the JVC Riptidz IEM is much better than the Sony E828.

In this thread, the Riptidz is said to sound much better than the Meelectronics M6 and M9.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68432

The Meelectronics A151, CW31, M21, and CX21 have interesting reviews. I might buy one or more of those. The reviews I read on the M6 and M9, and other cheaper Meelctronics models don't thrill me though.

well i dont blast my music, i listen to music on my comp with volume set to 30%. i may look into the riptidz later on, i so far do not own any jvc product. how about the xx series of jvc? any good?

Quote:
Well I can tell you. With out a doubt in my mind. You will not find a better sounding earphone in the sub $10 category than a MP8320.. These are gonna surprise.

Now the only issue with them is they do need better tips. The tips they provide is a one size fit all flimsy medium piece. And another catch. These have huge 14.2 mm drivers and guys with medium to large ears are ok with their fit. It is the smaller ear guys that will have issue and good fit is absolutely important for good sound out of these.. So that is the catch on these.. I use Sony hybrids on them and they are perfect with Sony hybrids but that is an extra $7 or so to get them..

Worth it imo. Now if you just want to try a good sounding cheapo with no fit issues the SHE3580 will do that.

ok im going to order the she3580 now and will come back here and post about my impression of the sound when i do receive it. thanks for the recommendation.

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #30 of 43
just spent 50 dollars to get the jvc riptidz, philips she3580, and panasonic rp htf 600s (headphone and this is for my moms bday). sigh... my plan to save up to spend on the akg q701 and the sony mdr z1000 has now been postponed... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back