Beresford TC7510 vs BC DAC 1 vs CIAudio VDA-1 w/ VAC-1?
Oct 29, 2009 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ChroniCali

1000+ Head-Fier
I know the BC DAC-1 and the CIAudio stuff are old, but does anyone have any comparisons between these at all?

I currently have the Beresford TC7510 MK6, and I was wondering if either of their setups would pose as an upgrade? I like detailed/airy but with a full lower end. Also like warmer sounding systems.

I am posting this up after a LOT of searching because I cannot find anything really comparing these, probably because they are all in different time frames.

So the 3 in contention:

Beresford TC-7510 MK6
Bel Canto DAC 1
CIAudio VDA-1 w/ VAC-1

Thanks guys.
beerchug.gif

PS: I do like how my Beresford sounds, but I am, as we all are, curious about how higher end DACs sound.

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 7
bump please

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 7
If you can afford it I'd add a audio-gd compass with a sun hdam instead of the earth hdam to that list. I think it's an INCREDIBLE upgrade from my auzentech prelude which had a earth hdam in it. Also I suggest the bright setting.
reason for the sun: It has a TON of detail and has the smoothest bass. remember though that's my opinion you may want to get others and take a look through the compass thread.

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 7
I personally didn't care for the Compass. I found the dac to be fairly lacking. If you're looking for a dac only, you can do better than the Compass. However, if you need a combo unit, the Compass is a decent value. I can't comment on the dacs you've listed however, because I've never heard them. I'm curious to hear if anyone has done comparisons.

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 7
what hdam did you use with your compass? I only enjoy it with the sun which has a TON of detail

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm looking for DAC only for speaker setup. Who needs headphones when you can listen to speakers?
smily_headphones1.gif

I have bought a Bel Canto DAC 1 to compare with my Beresford. It is an older DAC, but I want to see how the premium analog section fares.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #7 of 7
if you liked the sound of the 7510, perhaps you should give the 7520 a try. you can roll opamps on it to change it's flavor around.

DACs pretty much sound the same in that range IMO. the next step up starts in the 700-1000 range, then 1500+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back