Benjie Offical Thread
Dec 15, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #886 of 2,126
So glad I found this thread! Ready to make a purchase although there is a great little AGPtEK G05 that looks like the Sansa Clip+ and has a clip on the back too! I cant see this discussed anywhere so I am a bit hesitant to buy it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/G05-Portable-Playback-Independent-Silicone/dp/B01I2LBZAM

I'm going travelling so want something that has good battery life and can drive my VMODA M100's (32Ohm) 

So basically I dont know what would be best between the S5, K9, or the G05 with a clip that would be very ideal, having the color screen would make things easier to navigate I suppose. Thanks :)

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #887 of 2,126
So glad I found this thread! Ready to make a purchase although there is a great little AGPtEK G05 that looks like the Sansa Clip+ and has a clip on the back too! I cant see this discussed anywhere so I am a bit hesitant to buy it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/G05-Portable-Playback-Independent-Silicone/dp/B01I2LBZAM

I'm going travelling so want something that has good battery life and can drive my VMODA M100's (32Ohm) 

So basically I dont know what would be best between the S5, K9, or the G05 with a clip that would be very ideal, having the color screen would make things easier to navigate I suppose. Thanks :)

S5 for me

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #888 of 2,126

As a S5 fan I'd say you can go wrong with Agptek M20/Bejie S5 

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #889 of 2,126

Dont get the K9. I had it. Gave it away to kids. Had the S5 too. Basically, they're similar in sound. But K9 is just sinfully troublesome. Buttons are much more flimsy.

S5 is small, battery timing isn't too less. Besides, you'll hate the stupid screen. It's pixelated and stuff. Not worth it. Speaker is just **** - useless. S5 feels more sleek and durable on the whole, and does it all anyhow.

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #890 of 2,126
Ok will get the S5!

I've read that the bundled earbuds are decent. I was going to get some budget ones too, Ive been listening to a lot of audio books and Pink Floyd...any recommendations here? A noisy 24hr flight to Australia so some background noise will have to be blocked out. 

Thanks again people! And I'm just watching your review of the S5 on Youtube Khan haha! 

EDIT: After watching your review i noticed the SD card slot is very ''open'' do you think this will be a problem when taking it to the beach if sand gets in there? Also see you have a LG g3 which I have...how is the sound compared to that would really love for you to say it is noticeably better, also can it drive headphones as well as the G3?

Thanks ! 

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #891 of 2,126
Dont get the K9. I had it. Gave it away to kids. Had the S5 too. Basically, they're similar in sound. But K9 is just sinfully troublesome. Buttons are much more flimsy.

S5 is small, battery timing isn't too less. Besides, you'll hate the stupid screen. It's pixelated and stuff. Not worth it. Speaker is just **** - useless. S5 feels more sleek and durable on the whole, and does it all anyhow.

All due respect, but I couldn't disagree more about the K9. The interface is very responsive compared to its peers (it does slow down accessing a full 64gb card). Boots on and off in a blink. The menus are clean and well laid out. Navigation is easy once you get the hang of it. I'm pretty sure the speaker is only there to support the recording function e.g., playing backs a recorded lecture. The screen is OK, more legible than a tiny oled, and the cover art is nice. Sound quality and battery life are both equal or better than price point competitors like Ruizu or Onn. The K9 is serious value at $20 (I bought mine on Amazon U.S.).

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #892 of 2,126
  Ok will get the S5!

I've read that the bundled earbuds are decent. I was going to get some budget ones too, Ive been listening to a lot of audio books and Pink Floyd...any recommendations here? A noisy 24hr flight to Australia so some background noise will have to be blocked out. 

Thanks again people! And I'm just watching your review of the S5 on Youtube Khan haha! 

EDIT: After watching your review i noticed the SD card slot is very ''open'' do you think this will be a problem when taking it to the beach if sand gets in there? Also see you have a LG g3 which I have...how is the sound compared to that would really love for you to say it is noticeably better, also can it drive headphones as well as the G3?

Thanks ! 

Vsonic VSD2s and VSD3s work very nicely with the Benjie S5. lots of people on here like the 'jazz' setting but the flat natural is also nice, I think it has a very similar sound to the xDuoo X2 maybe not quite as detailed. The Benjies UI is nicer than  the xDuoos tho. if your worried about dirt or sand just cover the SD card slot with a bit of tape.
I've never tried to use the internal memory on mine others have tho, some with problems , some not.

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #893 of 2,126

Vsonic VSD2s and VSD3s work very nicely with the Benjie S5. lots of people on here like the 'jazz' setting but the flat natural is also nice, I think it has a very similar sound to the xDuoo X2 maybe not quite as detailed. The Benjies UI is nicer than  the xDuoos tho. if your worried about dirt or sand just cover the SD card slot with a bit of tape.
I've never tried to use the internal memory on mine others have tho, some with problems , some not.

I do prefer the xDuoo buttons though, but let's face it that does not affect the sound 

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #894 of 2,126
Anw anyone has any idea for the S5 to play all songs for both local and card folder? It seems that i can only play songs from one folder type

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #899 of 2,126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back