Benjie Offical Thread
Apr 16, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #1,321 of 2,126
Just bought one of these, thanks all for bringing it to my attention.

I'm sure this point has been addressed a million times but it's a difficult question to Google for, so... What's the largest capacity card it can accommodate? If it can handle 128gb, which one in particular would be best?

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #1,323 of 2,126
What's the largest capacity card it can accommodate? If it can handle 128gb, which one in particular would be best?

Mine can play 128GB Micro SD card absolutely fine. 

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #1,324 of 2,126
Hey folks i know its probably been said a few times but is their a firmware update for the S5? What firmware works okay on the S5?
I just got mine its okay so far it sounds really good with open ear headphones. Using closed earbuds and comparing to my Walkman the Walkman wins but the S5 does have more power. I dont have that much Audio gear but compared to my Xperia Z5 the S5 is heaps louder the Z5 probably has better sound quality overall but not by much. Its weird i would rate the S5 better with open ear headphones compared to the Z5 and Walkman. With close earbuds it sounds a bit weird i can not put my finger on it i will swap out my earbuds and update later! For the price its great this is my first budget DAP very happy :D

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #1,325 of 2,126
  Hey folks i know its probably been said a few times but is their a firmware update for the S5? What firmware works okay on the S5?
I just got mine its okay so far it sounds really good with open ear headphones. Using closed earbuds and comparing to my Walkman the Walkman wins but the S5 does have more power. I dont have that much Audio gear but compared to my Xperia Z5 the S5 is heaps louder the Z5 probably has better sound quality overall but not by much. Its weird i would rate the S5 better with open ear headphones compared to the Z5 and Walkman. With close earbuds it sounds a bit weird i can not put my finger on it i will swap out my earbuds and update later! For the price its great this is my first budget DAP very happy :D

There are AGPtek updates. Check your PM.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,327 of 2,126
  I'm still using the stock S5, not M20 firmware. If the sound quality isn't going to be better, there may not be a reason to change it.

My stock unit never worked properly 

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,329 of 2,126
Apr 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,330 of 2,126
The stock was alright, flashed with the M20 firmware and it was ok too. But i must say i like them using the clock as the screensaver (iirc the stock didnt have it).

The latest M20 firmware did made the player smoother though. But i cant comment how much faster it is compared to stock (coz no stock lol)

Apr 18, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,331 of 2,126
The stock was alright, flashed with the M20 firmware and it was ok too. But i must say i like them using the clock as the screensaver (iirc the stock didnt have it).

The latest M20 firmware did made the player smoother though. But i cant comment how much faster it is compared to stock (coz no stock lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back